Honored Contributor

Reasoning - about pedicure etc for the record & thank u again posters!

chystaltree posted: I can't believe she didn't go to a doctor when the pain started. She went back to the woman who butchered her toe. Unbelievable. I'm happy to hear she finally did go to a doctor. I just don't understand some people and the risks they take with their bodies. Let me say I never thought I had an infection as I've gone many years to this same person with no incidents etc. Now when I started having the pain I stopped back to see the mgr (who speaks wonderful English & understood) she explained the tech may need to do a little more skin removal as I swim everyday & had been wearing a sneaker vs flip flops. Ok that same day I saw my personal dr for annual checkup -- both he & his pa looked at my toe(s) and deducted nothing was wrong!!! Therefore I returned thinking the advice of the salon was to do a little more removal. Obviously the infection was not "full blown" until after the 2nd visit. I'm sorry this is long but thank you everyone for concerns & suggestions!!! I certainly would NOT return NOR inflict pain on myself from stupidity!!!! PS: sorry typing on iPad so long paragraphs!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Reasoning - about pedicure etc for the record & thank u again posters!

On 12/21/2014 homedecor1 said: Well thank you everyone after a all-nighter of pain & no sleep I arrived in NJ safely. Upon arrival I went to a Urgent care and yup I have a severe infection! In fact it has been obviously infected for a week or so. The dr lanced it and drained it and I'm on a high dose of antibiotics! But very interesting and you better believe I'll always have this in my med cabinet -- he said I could have iced it , or soaked it and then put a hemoroid ointment in a pinch as it has lidocaine agents. I'll answer other ?s next .... Or opinions
Highlighted
Contributor

Just an FYI to all that get pedicures. NEVER EVER let them cut your cuticles, tell them to put the clippers away. Just have them gently move the cuticles back with the tool and never let them dig around the sides of your nails. Most make a big deal about sanitizing the metal tools but use dirty drills and files so if they cut you........ I have been getting my nails done for decades and bring my own products. I have never seen anyone clean a pedicure tub correctly so I only go to a salon that uses a liner in the tub.

Honored Contributor

Homedecor1: Apologize if it was explained, but was there a reason why you had the toe infection to begin with? Yikes...I think I'm beginning to get sympathy toe pain!