Honored Contributor

Re: Really serious insomnia!

Watching QVC used to help me get back to sleep in the wee hours of the morning.  But since they went to recorded shows it hasn't been the same.  Live hosts at that hour tended to be mellow, while today's recorded hosts are usually manic.

Honored Contributor

Lots of strategies...these are easy to implement....sweet dreams😴

- eat light throughout the day and nothing (perhaps Chamomile tea) a few hours    

before retiring

-have an Epsom Salt bath before retiring (especially lavender scented)

-practice long slow deep breathing in bed

- listen to 432 Hz binaural beats (You can listen free on You Tube and experiment  

which Hz is best for you)    

Honored Contributor

I find I sleep better and don't get up during the night by taking 1 Advil and a glass of wine.  Works for me!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Spend some time getting some sunshine. It helps with the circadian rhythm.

No stimulants (ie sugar, caffeine, ginger, peppermint) past 2:00.

Dim the lights in the evening to signal your brain it's time to wind down.

Stop using all tech (computer, tv...) at least an hour before going to bed. Do some passive things instead (read a calming book, listen to gentle music while doodling...).

Make sure your bedroom is restful (ie no clutter, dark, cold...).

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Irishgirl555 wrote:
I'm thinking that this is a common problem but any suggestions for a non addicting sleep aid? I tried posting twice regarding my issues...Neuropathy causing it all! But my posts disappeared! So asking again. The generic Tylenol P.M. was terrible, jittery!! Melatonin does nothing. Any help plz??

I use Relaxium. Gov Huckaklbees suggestion. It has no addicted things in it. , I take 2 a couple hous before I want to sleep. I buy it from Amazon.Developed by a DR.

Honored Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Irishgirl555 wrote:
I'm thinking that this is a common problem but any suggestions for a non addicting sleep aid? I tried posting twice regarding my issues...Neuropathy causing it all! But my posts disappeared! So asking again. The generic Tylenol P.M. was terrible, jittery!! Melatonin does nothing. Any help plz??

I use Relaxium. Gov Huckaklbees suggestion. It has no addicted things in it. , I take 2 a couple hous before I want to sleep. I buy it from Amazon.Developed by a DR.

The first ingredient listed for Relaxium is magnesium.

Respected Contributor

I use Tylenol - Simply Sleep, I purchase through Amazon, seems to help as I have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep through the night.

Contributor

I appreciate all of the responses! Gives me some options, thanks to all😍
Contributor

Ainhisg, I'm doing a program (very expensive) with a Chiropractor but results are not very fast in coming IMO
Trusted Contributor

@ruthbe wrote:

One of my physicians that I go to suggested I try lavender...if you do mind the smell.  Find a good lotion and rub it on your chest befor you go to bed.  Not too much.  They say the smell can be relaxing. 

You also can try unisom...over the counter. 

Right now I'm going through a sleep study to see if I have sleep apnea...I have had insomnia for a very long time.  If you have had trouble with it for awhile...please see a doctor.....

I have a lavender lotion from Bath&BW and I find if I rub it on my arms and upper chest sleep usualy always follows, not always, but most of the time.