Esteemed Contributor

Re: UPDATE 2: Re: It is scary how easy it is to be dependent on pain meds

I  met with my ortho earlier this week, which resulted in me having numerous x-rays taken, as well as an MRI.  I have an appointment on Thursday to go over the results.  The ortho indicated that I could have a pinched nerve, but he saw some type of compression in my neck, which is why the MRI.

At this point, I still cannot use my left arm, the pain is not quite as bad (this morning it was awful), and I am back on steroids.  

Hopefully, I will get a full and accurate report on Thursday and a plan to get rid of the pain and allow me to use my left arm.  

Thanks for reading this.  Follow up on Thursday.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl 

Wishing you the best and please keep us posted!Heart

Sending Love Light and prayers.jpeg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

@SXMGirl  So sorry to hear that you're in pain. Would you ever consider consulting with a good chiropractor?    The times I have been in pain due to back and neck issues, my chiro was able to help me get relief, even on the first visit.  

I think it's worth a try and you could bring your x-rays and MRI results.

Esteemed Contributor

@piperbay  I have an excellent chiro, but this came on immediately after my pneumonia shot.  I have some powerful pain meds, which a chiro cannot prescribe.  I really have never taken pain meds before, as I always depended on Motrin and things like that.  This pain has had me delving into the stash of prescribed meds that I have never taken.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never had occasion to use one myself, but my SIL has used acupuncture in the past.  Personally, I would try just about anything before I submitted to drugs or surgery.

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl  This article is from 2015, but mirrors what your situation is. Even gives your condition a name : SIRVA( shoulder Injury Related To Vaccine Administration )

please read! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/i-got-a-pneumonia-shot--and-then-the-pain-beg...

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Thank you for this article.  I am printing it and will definitely be discussing this with my ortho.  It was interesting that months of physical therapy did not work, and I am not big on going to therapy anyway.  I prefer to work with my trainer.  This seems to be coming more prevalent as places other than doctor offices are giving the vaccines.  The author had pain with the administration of the shot, which I did not have.  

When several people suggested seeing an attorney, I thought that was ridiculous.  It may not be and will be something that I will weigh carefully, much depending on when/if this heals.

Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden Thank you.  Filled out the form.  We will see what happens.  More than a month ago, upon doing a search, a law firm popped up to see if they could help.  My response was that no one sues for a pinched nerve.  I might have been wrong.