Honored Contributor

It started as what I thought was dry skin and now its getting all scabby, I am a bit concerned< I am 64 and have not had the shingles shot

Should I be concerned

Thanks all 

a foot.jpeg

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

Does it hurt?

Respected Contributor

I don't think it is shingles. Usually shingles occurs on the torso or the face. But have it checked out if you are concerned.  I am 69 and just got the first Shingrix shot. Will need another one in 2-6 months.. Please check with your Dr. and get the shot ASAP if you need it. You can get it at any pharmacy and you don't need a prescription. It is supposed to be 90% effective against shingles. 

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox It's not impossible, but uncommon to get shingles in lower extremities. It likes to attack major nerves in the torso and upper body.  

Maybe a little more information?  Pain, itching, or burning?  Does the area feel warm to touch? Have you applied anything, like hydrocortione?  Is the area spreading? You could be looking at a simple case of contact dermatitis, from many possible sources, or possibly a fungal issue, although that's not usually on top of the foot.

If you have blood sugar, or cardiovascular issues, remember you always need to have foot issues checked out promptly.  

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch 

Scaly before scabby, itchy a lot during the night. It is just in the one area, i thought it was dry skin like my foot, first I used foot logics I thought it was dermatiis it burned like crazy and then I used the same Foot Miracle cream that I use on the bottom of my feet.

Thank you 

@BlueFinch wrote:

@I am still oxox It's not impossible, but uncommon to get shingles in lower extremities. It likes to attack major nerves in the torso and upper body.  

Maybe a little more information?  Pain, itching, or burning?  Does the area feel warm to touch? Have you applied anything, like hydrocortione?  Is the area spreading? You could be looking at a simple case of contact dermatitis, from many possible sources, or possibly a fungal issue, although that's not usually on top of the foot.

If you have blood sugar, or cardiovascular issues, remember you always need to have foot issues checked out promptly.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@50Mickey 

Thanks and I have no plans to get the Singrix I have immune issues and I am afraid it would ether not take or get me sick and also my other half had a really bad reaction to the second shot

@50Mickey wrote:

I don't think it is shingles. Usually shingles occurs on the torso or the face. But have it checked out if you are concerned.  I am 69 and just got the first Shingrix shot. Will need another one in 2-6 months.. Please check with your Dr. and get the shot ASAP if you need it. You can get it at any pharmacy and you don't need a prescription. It is supposed to be 90% effective against shingles. 

Super Contributor

Is there a reason why you are not seeking out diagnosis and treatment from a medical professional instead of posting a picture to lay people online?  Your concern would seem to warrant the care of a physician -- I hope that your issue is solved and that the problem is a minor one.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rash on foot

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

It started as what I thought was dry skin and now its getting all scabby, I am a bit concerned< I am 64 and have not had the shingles shot

Should I be concerned

Thanks all 

a foot.jpeg

@I am still oxox 

That looks nothing like shingles.  That looks like what could develop into cellulitis.  Dry skin is very susceptible to cellulitis and it can be very dangerous.  Get thyself to a doctor NOW.

Purpura, also known as skin hemorrhages or blood spots, can signal a number of medical problems, ranging from minor injuries to life-threatening infections.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

All of the shingles I have seen with relatives, first presents as painful blisters.

Shingles (also known as Zoster) is caused by the reactivation of the chickenpox virus, dormant since initially contracting chickenpox.

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/features/shingles-chickenpox#1

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I had the Shingles on my face in July and they were very painful and itchy. Mine looked like lesions instead of scabs. So my questions are : Is the rash painful or itchy? I used Gold bond lidocaine lotion and it helped the itch and pain a lot. Luckily, I don't have any residual marks from it and my eyes are OK so far, thank God. Your foot does not look like my Shingles looked. I would try some hydrocortisone cream on it and if that does not work, I would have it checked out.