Respected Contributor

Re: REACTIONS FROM THE VACCINE

Pfizer was my vaccine.  I have received both Dose #1 and Dose #2.  In both cases, I have had a sore arm for one day at the injection site, mild headache and a desire to take a nap for about 2 days.  Today I did take a 2-hour nap.  So far, so good, as far as I am concerned.

Valued Contributor

I got Pfizer 1 and 2 -- 2 was yesterday. I haven't felt real well since yesterday late afternoon, so I took 2 Tylenol last night. I slept well and woke up with some aches today, fatigue and a mild headache. I'm okay -- just really not how I normally feel. I'm glad I don't have to do any work today. It's a jammies/blankie day for me today.

Briggsie

Honored Contributor

As I said in another message we got our second batch Wednesday and we are both miserable w/many of the symptoms mentioned. The worst for us is the generalized achy muscles.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I received the Moderna vaccine Wednesday morning. Absolutely no side effects ...didn't even feel the needle go in.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Well apparently this was not just a rash or hive on his arm, but hives all over his upper body, as well as itchy eyes and skin.  Of course the doctor he saw could not say for sure if it was a reaction to the shot or not.  My BIL has some other, not so serious medical condtions and is on other medications, so who knows.  All I know is that I am not in a huge rush to get the vaccine, if ever.

@Puppy Lips @Please ask him to report any case of the hives to V-Safe. His doctor can also report. How else will the Vaccine makers and CDC know about all the reactions. They will sort out which reports require an update to the frequently seen side effects list or not. How to report at V-Safe is listed at the CDC V-Safe page below. Even if your brother chooses not to report he might want to read the information on the page. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjCiP6n_5nvAhUNCs0KHcD6C-gQ...

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I received the Moderna vaccine Wednesday morning. Absolutely no side effects ...didn't even feel the needle go in.

Yay!  I was worried about you not being able to get the vaccine.  Unfortunately, the pharmacist that did my first one shook the heck out of the skin on my upper arm.  I tensed up and the shot stung momentarily.  My second one is next Friday.  I'm hoping she's changed her technique or that she's not on duty 😝

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Yay!  I was worried about you not being able to get the vaccine.  Unfortunately, the pharmacist that did my first one shook the heck out of the skin on my upper arm.  I tensed up and the shot stung momentarily.  My second one is next Friday.  I'm hoping she's changed her technique or that she's not on duty 😝

Tell her @tansy ! You should feel almost nothing. Glad to read that you are getting another one scheduled. I have to flounder around until the 25th when Wakgreens releases their dates...

Trusted Contributor

@tansy  I am extremely phobic about needles.  I asked the nurse at the vax site to pinch my arm as hard as she could.  She did and I didn't feel the needle going in at all.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

Deree, I have injected insulin for years and, luckily, shots don't worry me.  I'm glad the arm pinch worked for you 😊

My phobia is the dentist 🙁

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11  So glad you finally got your vaccine.DH got his on Wednesday too,at StonyBrook, where I had gotten mine. I go for my second on 3/11. We both got Pfizer.

DH was lucky he just had a sore arm for a day. I had a painful arm for a couple of days & had to take Tylenol. I also felt fatigued & slept a lot the first couple of days.No big deal. It was worth it.