Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question regarding previous radiation on breast....

@gulf coast girl - sorry to hear your update. I've been through the radiation process and my skin looks fine - I'm quite fair but there are no visible signs. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm sorry that your diagnosis was cancer again. I ,and many others here, will be keeping you in thoughts and prayers.  

Honored Contributor

@gulf coast girl

We all will keep you in our prayers!!!  No, this is not what we had hoped to hear from you at all, and I am sure this is a hard pill to swallow.  Please know that we are all rooting for you. And let us know how you are feeling and how things are going.  We are here for you and care.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

These are my questions as well since I go this Thursday for my CT scan and simulation. My surgeon assured me that radiation would not be complicated, however.

Honored Contributor

@maestra

I hope that everything goes well for you, too!!  Blessings!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I wish you all the best. Don't beat yourself up for choosing one treatment over another years ago. Concentrate on doing what you have to do now to be cancer-free. I've never had breast cancer but my best friend did and I know what you've gone through because my friend opted for the same treatment that you did, also with the recommendation of her doctors. I had melanoma and thyroid cancer so I know what a cancer diagnosis can mean. I look forward to hearing how you're doing. I wish you good luck and a future of good health.

Valued Contributor

GulfCoastGirl....so sorry you are having to deal with all of this.  I had a lumpectomy in 2013 and one chemo treatment (almost killed me)  followed by  radiation for Triple Negative Breast Cancer.  This past June 2015 there was a very small recurrence and I had a mastectomy.  I had no plans for reconstruction and I have had no issues with my skin healing.  I am 65 yo.

I'm close to the Gulf Coast as well....we might be near one another.  Like WashingtonGirl said above, I too visit the Cancer Survivors Board a lot and have been helped by all the wonderful posters there.  A lot of us have/had breast cancer and it is good to be able to get advice from such good, kind caring folks who are or have been in your shoes at the very moment you are needing advice.  Posters are prompt in trying to help you out.

Wishing you peace and good healing ahead ....  Heart