Honored Contributor

Re: Question, if polyps are found, when are they removed?

I had no idea you could feel anything that has been removed.

I know someone who is waiting for a biopsy taken today.  I wonder how long it takes to get results?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MaggieMack

@Mmsfoxxie

Thank you for your concern. I am still waiting for the results of my Nuclear Stress Heart Test(Lexiscan). Echocardiogram showed a couple changes in my heart functions from last Echo that was done. Not sure, but they may decide to do a Heart Catherization also.

Found out today I once again have internal bleeding. Not sure if is the Colon or possibly a bleeding ulcer. Am scheduled for Wednesday to have both an Endoscopy and add1 more to my count of 14 Colonoscopies. This is called a Pandanoscopy when they do upper and lower in 1 procedure.

Am back on my all to familiar, Apple Juice and Orange Jello, which is called a "Clear Liquid Diet". I am hoping what ever is bleeding they will find it in 1 go-around and not multiples, like I had in 2008. Probably be drinking my 20th Gallon of GoLytely Prep sometime tomorrow afternoon. 

Whooopeee!!!

Thanks so much for your concern I really appreciate it.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote: 

Unfortunately I have had 14 of the Colonoscopies along with 5 Double Balloon Enteroscopies(1 upper 4 lower), from 2008-2011. 2 of them were done without anesthesia, not the most pleasant thing I have done.

In 2008 finally found the bleeding with the lower Double Balloon. Lasered the bleeding part, but still had residual bleeding for 2 months and had Blood transfusions every 3 weeks. Started bleeding again in 2011 and round we went again. Once again 3 weeks in hospital. Not the whole story but enough to paint the picture.

Bleeding Right Colon that would never bleed during the procedures, thus more had to be done. The worst part was drinking the gallon of GoLyely or NuLytely before all 19 of these procedures. Even swallowed the Camera Pill, no results from it?

Now have 2 Titanium Clips holding that section of my Right Colon together. Am keeping my fingers crossed they they hold forever.

I had 2 tests similar to what you mentioned back in the 1970's. They were done with a Protoscope then and could not see your whole Colon. I pretty much bent over some type of waist high table and then "up it went".

In the hospital now for last 2 days. Heart issues again and had an Echocardiogram today and having a nuclear stress test tomorrow. If not enough info, will then do a heart Cath and go from there.

Nurse is here gotta go,

hckynut(john)

I hope they are able to determine whatever they are looking for quickly, and treat easily.  All the best to you.

@nyc1

I want to thank you also for your kind wishes. Always good to have people wishing you well. Thank You,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut

I hope everything goes well John and you are home soon!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Good luck to you, John!  Hope you get good results from the tests, and are sent home to your family asap!  

Super Contributor

Good luck to you hockeynutjohn.
Trusted Contributor

Yes, if they can be removed safely it is usually done @ the time of colonscopy.

dee

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, my heavens!  Well, here's sending positive thoughts your way that all will be revolved soon, @hckynut.  

I'm thinking of your wife, too, because as we know, what happens to one of you physically, happens to the other emotionally.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut, Hang tough! Will prayer for a good outcome for you.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut

I am sending up healing thoughts for you. So sorry to hear about your latest health challenges.
Being an off again/on again sickie myself... it is so nice when there are good times.

I noticed that several nicnames came up when I searched. Hope this is the right one and that I can check in on you later.
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~