Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question for those who have had second vaccine

@Wiskota  Both shots in same arm. Neither made my arm sore. 

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden @LuvmyLab @NicksmomESQ @pattypeep @Eager2Learn @ig;

Thanks to you all - hope I didn't miss anyone

Honored Contributor

I got my second in a different arm.

They said it didn't matter but I thought it made sense to do it that way.

And my arm hurt a lot less the second time! (I got it in my dominant arm the second time).

I did have  more side effects the day after the second but they went away that second night.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Regular Contributor

I got both in my right arm. I had more soreness the first time but not extreme. I got the Moderna! So happy to have it done!

Esteemed Contributor

@Wiskota 

@Wiskota wrote:

Did you get the shot in the same arm as your first vaccine?  I get my second one next week and have been trying to decide which would be better.  With the first one my arm was a little sore off and on but nothing bad.  

Thanks in advance for any advice

Same arm, but no soreness either time and no reactions to either vaccine.

My nurse friend had both shots done in her leg and she was fine.  She said, you can have it done in leg instead of arm.  She had no reaction either. We both had Phizer.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wiskota same arm...no problem... chose left arm because I am right handed and did not want to have discomfort in the right arm, (Moderna)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband had both in his left arm and mine in the right. He was in the drivers seat and I was in the passenger seat. No issues except for a sore arm both times.

Respected Contributor

I had both injections in my left arm. My arm was very sore after both injections no other problems

Super Contributor

I had the Pfizer vaccine in my non-dominant right arm.  The nurse told me at the time to have it in the same arm unless I had a reaction to the first one, which I didn't.  So tomorrow I get the second one in the same arm.

Valued Contributor

When I got my second shot the first person said it should go in the opposite arm.  When the girl gave it to me, a different person, I asked her and she said they recommended getting it in the opposite arm but if I wanted it in the same one she would.  I opted to go with their suggestion.  Personally, I sleep on my left side and prefer shots in my right arm.  Even if it the arm is sore it is not sore enough to top me from doing anything but it is sore enough to disrupt my sleep!