Super Contributor

Re: Question for those who have had second vaccine

I got the first in my dominant arm and the second in the other arm. Why? Because that was the side the nurse was on and it was the  easiest for her. She was the one with the sharp object so I thought she should choose. 

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't even think about it.  I don't know for sure, but think my 2nd shot was in my right arm because that's the arm I took my jacket off first.  Certainly don't remember which arm I got the 1st shot.  I was just totally relieved that I was able to get both shots and feel so much better now that the complicated process of getting shots is over and done with.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@January121 , do check with your doctor as there are different concerns with varied health issues.  He/she is the best one to advise you.  

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I got both Moderna in our left arms ( swung mine around twice just before shot).  Only after effects were sore arms; were prepared for much worse, as various hospital personnel said they got unpleasant reactions, especially to second shot. We're in our 70s and I read that elderly have less adverse reactions, maybe that's true.

Esteemed Contributor

@kitty60  .... THANKS ...I will check with my doctor because I am really concerned  about any after effects the vaccine can have 😉