Super Contributor

Question for those who have had second vaccine

Did you get the shot in the same arm as your first vaccine?  I get my second one next week and have been trying to decide which would be better.  With the first one my arm was a little sore off and on but nothing bad.  

Thanks in advance for any advice

Respected Contributor

Re: Question for those who have had second vaccine

I received my second shot in the same arm.  No issues other than an area of soreness where the injection occurred that lasted a couple of days; same as my first shot.  I'm loving the peace of mind of being fully inoculated!

Respected Contributor

Yes, I got both vaccines in my left arm. The second shot was less painful than the first, no side effects. Today is exactly 2 weeks since my second vaccine ( Pfizer).

Honored Contributor

I was told that since my first shot was in my left arm that my 2nd shot would be in my left arm too and it was last week.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I'm right handed and always get shots in my left arm.  Same for blood work.   I need my right arm to be fully functional.

Esteemed Contributor

I got my second shot last Thursday in the same arm I got my first. Very sore both times.If my arm was still sore at the time of my second shot  I would have switched arms. But since it was all better I went ahead & had it done in the same arm. Glad it's over with,finally.

Trusted Contributor

I received both doses in the same arm (my non dominant arm). After the 1st shot my arm was terribly sore for about 4 days, with the 2nd just mildly sore for one day only. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Wiskota      I only put it in the opposite arm from the first shot because I heard some people got a rash putting it in the same arm... so I just had the shot in the other arm.  I had no symptoms other than a little soreness at the shot site. Like anytime you get a shot. 

Super Contributor

@chessylady @BornToShop  Thank you both for your reply.  The same arm was going to be my choice also but wondered if it would be to sore.Glad to learn yours both went well.   Mine is Pfizer also

Valued Contributor

I got both shots (Moderna) in my right arm. Each time I had soreness around the injection site. Two days after the 2nd dose, I had chills for a couple hours.