Contributor

Re: Question for those who have had knee surgery and/or broken leg

Search "Ladies Wide Leg Pants" online at the Big A.

Esteemed Contributor

Have been in a leg cast and had an instant replay when they had to rebreak the bones.

It is more than the immediate issue.  Unless she is very agile, how is she going to dress and toilet herself?  Pull up is a no go.  Who is going to dress her at the visit?

I had the best luck with a skirt that pulled over my head.  And yes, gasp, for a while I went commando.

Esteemed Contributor

Try Kohl's Cuddle duds. I think they have them at Sam's club and Costco .

Honored Contributor

I had a knee replacement surgery, granted it was planned.  I had time.  I bought my wide leg pants from QVC because the prices were good, I could get petites and they came to my door.  Now I wear them as lounge pants and sometimes I sleep in them.  Old Navy sells wide leg pants with  drawstring waist, I bought two pairs in black in December.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much ladies.  This gives me lots of options.  She is in a Rehab facility.  Her leg is badly splintered and the leg bone in broken in several places. her knee cap is also a mess.  She is totally  wheel chair bound and they tell us she is looking at possibly 3 months or more stay.  She has 3 or more incisions In that one leg and all sorts of staples and a couple (or more?)  plates.  Her leg is very badly damaged.    The surgeon told us he did the best he could and it may or may not heal properly. Time will tell. I did take my capri wide leg jamie bottoms to her a couple of hours ago.  She really liked them.  I told her about you ladies and how you always come through when someone needs ideas and help.  Thanks again!  Between watching over my 90 yr. old mother and being there for my sister, I am so tired.  You've given us some great ideas!     

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jubilant 

A relative took a bad fall in August, severely damaging her leg, and while she is home now still wearing a brace, her circumstances are very similar.   

She depended on shorts and muumuu style dresses for 5 months, and expects to be taking PT for a minimum of 2 more months. She is 67, and is just now at the point where she is wearing knit capri length pants to PT.  Woman Within is where she ordered the cotton/poly knit, drawstring waist capri pants, # 25-41165-519.  

I wore these same pants with both of my knee replacements.  

Honored Contributor

@jubilant check this out at Amazon..

Reboundwear

Women's Molly Pants - Post Surgery Clothing Adaptive Apparel

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee