Honored Contributor

Question for those who have had knee surgery and/or broken leg

I am having trouble finding pants that are wide enough to go over my sister's knee and leg that she recently broke and had an operation on.  It included her knee on down to her ankle so she has a big thick cast type wrap on her leg from the knee down.  Whatever I buy needs to be wide legged.   I need them soon as they will be transporting her in abou 8 days to see her surgeon  for her first post op appointment with him.  I don't want to order them from QVC as it often takes 9 or ten days to get here and she really needs them now to also wear to rehab. I would like something that would  hold up through the washing and drying that will be done by the rehab center. I looked at Target yesterday and found nothing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Valued Contributor

Re: Question for those who have had knee surgery and/or broken leg

Try Champion.com I am having replacement knee surgery and needed loose fitting soft pants.

Honored Contributor

Take a look at the Beach pants here on QVC they are wide and soft and very comfortable

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

It might be easier to wear shorts. I had knee replacement and wore shorts but then again I live in Arizona where wearing shorts in January is no big deal. How about men's pajama bottoms. Not the most attractive but they might work. Im thinking Target or Walmart.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I am having trouble finding pants that are wide enough to go over my sister's knee and leg that she recently broke and had an operation on.  It included her knee on down to her ankle so she has a big thick cast type wrap on her leg from the knee down.  Whatever I buy needs to be wide legged.   I need them soon as they will be transporting her in abou 8 days to see her surgeon  for her first post op appointment with him.  I don't want to order them from QVC as it often takes 9 or ten days to get here and she really needs them now to also wear to rehab. I would like something that would  hold up through the washing and drying that will be done by the rehab center. I looked at Target yesterday and found nothing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

track pants that snap?  do they even make those 

Honored Contributor

Women's Side-Zip Knit Pants

buckandbuck dot com 

Honored Contributor

search the big A 

for "post surgery pants"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am going to ask what is wrong with pajamas or the wide-legged jogging pants.  Is she going to inpatient rehab?  If so, she will most likely be required to wear something like joggers or pajama-type pants with her name inscribed on them with wash-resistant ink.  However, even for outpatient rehab, joggers are preferred for that type exercise.  

I had knee in 2018.  I had 2 pairs of pants that I wore alternately (wide legs) to Rehab.  I did not go to inpatient rehab.  I needed to be home with my husband, even with caregivers, so I could have input into his care.  

We just kept my 2 pairs of pants washed and dried.  I had recently lost a lot of weight (unknown reason) and had not given all my clothing away-- yet.  These had elastic waists, big elephant legs (Chico's).  They were perfect.  

Trusted Contributor

Have worn a leg brace for 22 years. I " get" the issue. How about a long skirt or jumper.  I do wear wide leg pants and beach pannts, but because you are in a hurry, the long skirt or jumper might give a quick option for you. Heck, even nice pajama bottoms might be an option for you. Good luck. 

Honored Contributor

Sweat pants!!!!