Respected Contributor

Re: Question for those who had cataract surgery

@highmaintenancejan wrote:

@lulu1

Mine was like yours except the drops were given 40 min. before in the 'waiting bay".

@highmaintenancejan

Drops were given to me in the "waiting bay", too.  I was there for almost 2 hours waiting (problem with the patient before me) so they had to give them again in the operating room.

A friend had the procedure in an office setting.  She was sitting up. (wearing her street clothes)

I'm happy to report I am so much better.  I still have occasional floaters but the haze is completely gone.

Valued Contributor

@lulu1

I told you...you'll get better and better.....probably no floaters by tomorrow!!!

Valued Contributor

@lulu1

I'm sorry @lulu1 that you had that person ahead of you and had some unusual things happen.  #2 eye will probably much easier.  Prayers for you!!

Respected Contributor

@lulu1

I'm sorry @lulu1 that you had that person ahead of you and had some unusual things happen.  #2 eye will probably much easier.  Prayers for you!!

@highmaintenancejan

I had my second eye done this morning. My arrival time was 6:30 and I was on the operating table at 7 sharp.  This eye was SO much easier. 

My eyes are corrected to monovision and already I can read fine print.

Thank you for your encouraging words.

Here's hoping you hear from your ortho very soon.

Occasional Contributor

My DH had cataract surgery recently. Do not worry about being being swollen or in pain afterwards. Do not worry! You'll be fine. Heads up tho: lots of eye drops before and after for a oouple of weeks.

Frequent Contributor

I had the Mulit-Focal lense put in over 3 yrs ago.  They are the expensive ones.  I have no problems at all.  I was told at the time of the surgery after a couple of years  scar tissue would form.  Sure enough it did...Two weeks ago I went in and had the scar tissue removed in my left eye. The right eye was not bad enough to have it done.  This procedure is done only one time ...Scar tissue never comes back. When my right eye needs it I will have that one done as well.  I never had pain or discomfort with either of the procedures.  Easiest thing I ever had done....I wore trifocal glasses before the surgery, I've not worn glasses since.  Hope you have as much good luck as I have had....  

Valued Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@lulu1

@highmaintenancejan

I had my second eye done this morning. My arrival time was 6:30 and I was on the operating table at 7 sharp.  This eye was SO much easier. 

My eyes are corrected to monovision and already I can read fine print.

Thank you for your encouraging words.

Here's hoping you hear from your ortho very soon.

@lulu1

I'm so happy and relieved for you!!!  Keep me posted.  I'm sure you still have gauze and floaters...but that will be gone soon!!!

Valued Contributor

@mcgill wrote:

I had the Mulit-Focal lense put in over 3 yrs ago.  They are the expensive ones.  I have no problems at all.  I was told at the time of the surgery after a couple of years  scar tissue would form.  Sure enough it did...Two weeks ago I went in and had the scar tissue removed in my left eye. The right eye was not bad enough to have it done.  This procedure is done only one time ...Scar tissue never comes back. When my right eye needs it I will have that one done as well.  I never had pain or discomfort with either of the procedures.  Easiest thing I ever had done....I wore trifocal glasses before the surgery, I've not worn glasses since.  Hope you have as much good luck as I have had....  

@mcgill

You are scaring me to death...I had Multi focals put in in Jan/Feb.  Last night I woke up in the night and couldn't see distance.  Is this a sign of this???  My doctor didn't warn me anything about this??????

Valued Contributor

@mcgill

How did you know you had this scar tissue?

Honored Contributor