Respected Contributor

Re: Question for those who had cataract surgery

@SeaMaidenMy husband didn't see his implants, I did.

Respected Contributor

@highmaintenancejanHow do you know which eye is close up, and one far-sighted ? That seems strange.

Valued Contributor

@BeccaLou

I think it has to do with your dominant eye.  Look it up.  There is a test.  You hold a finger in front of your nose and look straight ahead.  When you look with one eye the finger will move, and with the other it stays where it is.  One is the dominent eye and the other is the non-dominent.  I think you wear your close-up in the dominent eye.  Not sure...though..I'm may not be remembering it all right.  Google it to be sure!!

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejan  Hi!   Thinking about you today....How are those new eyes doing? I went for my last eye checkup today.  Everything looks good. Seeing 20/20. I am all done with the drops now....those dreaded drops😄Happy about that!  

Wondered how you are doing and what your doctor said about the few issues you said you were having. I hope everything has all cleared up.

It is a beautiful day here in Seattle. Feels like Spring. Temps in the 50's. Of course rain is in the forecast....that is Seattle for you!   Have a lovely evening😊 Stay in touch!

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Thank you for thinking of me!  I'm going today...the dreaded dialation!!  I'm so glad you are doing so well.  I hope your husband is also!   I will report back later!!  Thank you again!

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Just got back from the eye doctor, I'm a little upset....eye pressure was 20 which is high to me...but he says it is fine.  Anyway, because the halos and starbursts are bothering me so much at night, he said I should wear nighttime prescription glasses when riding in the car and use eye drops that close up the pupil.  You use them 30 min. before going for the car ride.  Last night we went for a 2 hour car ride going to the coast with another couple for dinner, and on the way home it was like a psychidellic experience...so I was crying to the eye doctor about it today. (Literally)  Also, my eyes are very dry he said that contributes to this halo stuff (along with the multifocal lens) so I am now on Restasys eye drops.  I wish I had my old eyes back!!! Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejanwrote:

@SeaMaiden

Just got back from the eye doctor, I'm a little upset....eye pressure was 20 which is high to me...but he says it is fine.  Anyway, because the halos and starbursts are bothering me so much at night, he said I should wear nighttime prescription glasses when riding in the car and use eye drops that close up the pupil.  You use them 30 min. before going for the car ride.  Last night we went for a 2 hour car ride going to the coast with another couple for dinner, and on the way home it was like a psychidellic experience...so I was crying to the eye doctor about it today. (Literally)  Also, my eyes are very dry he said that contributes to this halo stuff (along with the multifocal lens) so I am now on Restasys eye drops.  I wish I had my old eyes back!!! Woman Sad

@highmaintenancejan     Did he say that this issue with night driving is permanent or temporary?  Did you ask him?  So sorry you have these issues going on....I still feel that you need to give your eyes time to heal....it is so early in process.  Please do not wish you did not go through with it.  Give it 4 to 5 months before you wish you had not done it.

Dry eyes is common after cataract surgery or even laser surgery....please Read this article on the supplement lactoferrin.  I have been taking it twice a day since my first eye surgery and have had no issues with dry eye.  I plan  to continue to take it long term as it is also good for many other things!  Here are two articles for you to read on it. There are several brands of lactoferrin.....I use the life extension brand as I trust their quality. You can buy it on Amazon, at VitaCost  etc.  The first article states at the end  of the article the potency to take each day.  I think you you should read the article and  try it for 60 days or longer. 

http://www.lifeextension.com/Magazine/2016/5/Lactoferrin-Promotes-Healthy-Healing-after-Cataract-Sur...

http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2000/10/report_lactoferrin/page-01

Please  update me on your progress....I am so sorry that you feel sad. I am sending a  ((hug)).   🙂

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden

Thanks for your kind and encouraging words....and all of the information!!  I wish I had known about this supplement before the surgery.  I guess there is no harm in trying it now either.  I guess I will order from Amazon.  Is that where you got it? How many times a day do you take the pills?

I still will use the Restasis and the eye glasses, not sure about the drops that undialate my eyes...we will see.  That makes me nervous.  Keeps the pupil small.  I think he has told me before that the halos and starbursts can improve with time.  I was just pretty hysterical today.  Just sick of it.!!  (after last night).  It was light a light show at Disney or something!!

You are so very sweet!!  Hugs right back at you!!!

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejanwrote:

@SeaMaiden

Thanks for your kind and encouraging words....and all of the information!!  I wish I had known about this supplement before the surgery.  I guess there is no harm in trying it now either.  I guess I will order from Amazon.  Is that where you got it? How many times a day do you take the pills?

I still will use the Restasis and the eye glasses, not sure about the drops that undialate my eyes...we will see.  That makes me nervous.  Keeps the pupil small.  I think he has told me before that the halos and starbursts can improve with time.  I was just pretty hysterical today.  Just sick of it.!!  (after last night).  It was light a light show at Disney or something!!

You are so very sweet!!  Hugs right back at you!!!

@highmaintenancejan  They recommend  up to. 350 mgs a day.  The life Extension brand is 300 mgs  and they recommend 1 capsule a day. If you have amazon Prime  here is a  good buy...with pretty good reviews. People take it for many different reasons. 

https://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-Lactoferrin-apolactoferrin-Capsules/dp/B000VI0NR6/ref=sr_1_3_a...

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Thank you for all of your help and information!!!  I will keep you posted!!  He did put some glasses on me (to simulate) that took away my near vision to show me what it would look like if I had not gotten the multifocals and WOW....it is pretty frightening...I guess I will put up with the halos and starbursts at night.  I don't go out THAT much at night!!