Valued Contributor

Re: Question for those who had cataract surgery

@SeaMaiden

I just can't catch a break....Rotator cuff surgery coming up.  Today I went to eye doctor.  One of my lenses had encapsillated.  He had to laser it.  Didn't hurt, but he did say I would have floaters for 2 weeks and need to put new Rx drops in for 2 weeks and I need to continue with my Restasis drops and preservative free drops 3 x's a day.  On top of my shoulder surgery.   ARGGGG!!!

How are you guys doing?

Trusted Contributor

@highmaintenancejan  If it were me I would consider delaying the rotator cuff surgery for a few weeks until you eye situation is a little better.

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejan wrote:

@SeaMaiden

I just can't catch a break....Rotator cuff surgery coming up.  Today I went to eye doctor.  One of my lenses had encapsillated.  He had to laser it.  Didn't hurt, but he did say I would have floaters for 2 weeks and need to put new Rx drops in for 2 weeks and I need to continue with my Restasis drops and preservative free drops 3 x's a day.  On top of my shoulder surgery.   ARGGGG!!!

How are you guys doing?

Hello @highmaintenancejan!  

Almost Everyone who has cateract surgery ends up with the encapsulation so do not worry. It can happen in one month out or several years out.  Were you not seeing well out of that eye so you went to see the eye doctor?  Just curious what the symptoms were.

How is is your arm pain these days?  Did they give you something to help you until surgery? 

I will keep you in my thoughts for your surgery for a great outcome!What day is it?

((Hugs))sent your way today!🙂

Honored Contributor

The expensive lens don't always work.  I've known people who had them and still had to wear readers.  There are no guarantees.

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Thanks, if you read a few comments down, you will see how my pre-op went.

I have dry eyes so I had a pre scheduled appt. to see how the restasis was doing.  In the meantime, I wasn't seeing quite right out of my left eye...blurry and mattering a lot.  So, that was the problem.  I'm not having any effects so far.  

My surgery is 6/27...and I'm terrified.  Then, when I'm 80% better...I can have the 2nd shoulder done!!  Thank you for your thoughts!!!

Jan

Valued Contributor

@Sooner

No,I'm 20/20, this was just a kind of common thing that can happen....just a minor incident.  It's already taken care of...took about a minute and 2 weeks of eye drops!!

Valued Contributor

@webbgarner1

Ohhh noooo....I'm not putting it off!!  I'm in waaay too much pain!!!

Trusted Contributor

@highmaintenancejan sorry to hear that, hope you will feel better soon

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejan wrote:

@SeaMaiden

Thanks, if you read a few comments down, you will see how my pre-op went.

I have dry eyes so I had a pre scheduled appt. to see how the restasis was doing.  In the meantime, I wasn't seeing quite right out of my left eye...blurry and mattering a lot.  So, that was the problem.  I'm not having any effects so far.  

My surgery is 6/27...and I'm terrified.  Then, when I'm 80% better...I can have the 2nd shoulder done!!  Thank you for your thoughts!!!

Jan

@highmaintenancejan, My Mom had cataract surgery several years ago, and both eyes had to be lasered shortly after. I think it is pretty common. I am very hopeful that you will be pleased  with the outcome of your surgeries. I do understand your reservation, but look ahead to better heslth, and pain free living, Bless you.

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejan

I wanted to mention that I also suffer from dry eyes, and have used Restasis 2x daily for years. I cannot get along without it. For me itmis a miracle drug.