Honored Contributor

Re: Question for those who had cataract surgery

wrote:

SEAMAIDEN...is all okay with you and your husband????

@highmaintenancejan@   Use the @ and then my name and it  goes to notification, ...otherwise  I will not know you asked a question directed to me.  Do that with everyone you want to talk with. Smiley Happy

How are you and that new eye doing?!  Are you seeing really great?  How nice you will have close up  and far great vision!  Please tell me all the details!

DH is doing just fine ! Bruised and a bit sore, but healing nicely.  He spent just  one night in the hospital. A life saving procedure that is for sure!  Between my eye surgery and his surgery...I am ready for the rest of the month to be quieter and boring😄.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden: Thanks for the tip...I did not know that!!!  Great!  I was sitting here worrying!!!  So glad to hear the news on your husband.  That is such a miracle.  Years ago, he would never have had such a good outcome.  I am doing great.  FINALLY, the last floater has gone away.  Much longer than last time.  Tomorrow I see the doctor for my post surgery check-up on left eye.  Then a check-up in a month and I hope/pray I am done.  How are you eyes doing?

@chlema:  You will do great.  You are lucky you get a Valium....that will be great!! Because the waiting while you dialate is the worst part.  You just lay there for 45 min.  A valium should really help with that.  My doctor wouldn't give me anything until I got in the "laser" room.  You will be fine!!!  Trust me...there is NO PAIN!!!  Please post after you have it done or if you have any more nerves or concerns before, okay?

Trusted Contributor

Thanks @highmaintenancejan Yes, I was glad to hear about the valium too and I think the waiting is the worst part of the whole thing.  When I was a young child my grandmother used to tell me tales about her cataract surgery and the "big giant needles" she used to get in each eye.  Of course that was 72 years ago when cataract surgery was a big deal, she had to lay on the hospital bed with sand bags on either side of her head she could not move!  Her stories stayed in my head and tho logically I know today it is so so so much better there is still that stupid fear buried deep in my brain - and the valium will take care of that is what I'm hoping lol.  

Will post back 3/8 and let you know how it went, thanks again, your posts are very helpful :-).

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejan  I am doing well!  Still doing the  drops in both eyes until gone... I have a one month check up  coming up first of March.... and  vision is clear and sharp... using the readers for close up as expected... but I am thrilled to have 20 20 distance vision for the first time in my life! So glad your new eyes are doing well!!

... lets keep in touch now and then and keep up on each other. Best Regards ~ Sea Maiden~ Smiley Happy 

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Had my 1 week checkup yesterday....20/20 vision using both eyes at all distances.  He said I was doing great.  I see him March 2nd and he said then I get my eyes dialated.  I'm not looking forward to THAT.  The nurse had mentioned my 'presures' were a little high, and of course that sent me off worrying...but he said they were fine for after surgery.  But, I got home and looked on their 'portal' and they were much higher than other visits, hmmm wonder what is going on???  Oh well. 

Do you have another visit where you have to have your eyes dialated???  How are you doing?

I hope your husband is doing well?  Is he up and about?

@chlema  I hope you are not worrying too much!!!  Really, there is nothing to worry about.  You will be thrilled with your new vision!!  Like you are 40 again!!!  Please, Please don't forget to check back in...I will be waiting for your post, okay?  ((((Hugs)))) Jan

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejan    Hope this beautiful Saturday finds you SEEING and feeling good!  What wonderful news!!! To see perfect close up and far.... THAT is amazing!  I am truely so happy for you Smiley Happy... Do not worry about the eye pressure. They will moniter it and if you need drops  or anything to lower the pressure down the road they will take care of you..  Please do NOT WORRY...That is an order! Smiley Happy

I am doing very  well!   My eyes are doing well too.  Still doing the one bottle of drops in both eyes until gone.  I am use to it now so it is not such a big deal.

DH is still a bit sore and out of sorts from surgery a week ago today.  I think if  he would just get up and go on a walk with me each day, her would heal and feel better faster, but, I can not seem to get him to go on a walk with me.  You know the saying... you can lead a horse to water but.....That is what I am dealing with. Smiley Sad 

Yes, I go back first part of March for my last eye  Checkup  for the cataract surgery  with my Optomologist.... and Yes they will dialate both eyes.  It pretty much is a deal breaker as far as the rest of the day after having both dialated...... I just go home and wait for them to get back to normal.   It makes you feel so out of sorts .. you know what I mean!

Have a wonderful weekend! Hope to talk with you again soon my friend!

Honored Contributor

I did not have the expensive lenses you are going to get.  I was quite scared when I had the 1st procedure done.  But it turned out to be an easy piece of cake.  They give you medication to relax you mine was pill form, then eye drops.  Then the procedure.  A machine goes over the face and you feel pressure, no pain, just pressure, but it is actually a sucking motion.  Voila your done.  No redness, soreness or swelling.  They give you dark glasses to wear with follow up care.  Then in a few weeks you have the 2nd eye done.  Easy peasy.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I totally get you on hubby's recovery...MEN!!  I feel your pain, I really do!!

I'm still doing eye drops too.  That may be causing the rise in the eye pressure.  It is a wait and see thing.  After all the eyes have been so much trauma!!

Yes, I hate the dialation...what a wasted day, huh?  And the drive home is just impossible.  I pray for clouds that day!!  I have a short drive, but you have such a long drive!!  Be very careful!!  Maybe your husband will be well enough to drive by then!  

We'll talk more in 3 weeks!!

Enjoy your day.  We are going out to eat in a few hours!!

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Seems like my close of vision is worsening and I am feeling like my eye is feeling a lot of pressure like it is too big for itself.  The outer corner itches.  Did you have any of this?  I go back 3/2.  Just a week....so I don't want to be an alarmist.  I guess I just will wait.  I know what the answer will be.  ( It will all settle down in a few months)

How is your husband doing?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejanwrote:

@SeaMaiden

Seems like my close of vision is worsening and I am feeling like my eye is feeling a lot of pressure like it is too big for itself.  The outer corner itches.  Did you have any of this?  I go back 3/2.  Just a week....so I don't want to be an alarmist.  I guess I just will wait.  I know what the answer will be.  ( It will all settle down in a few months)

How is your husband doing?

@highmaintenancejan Good Morning to you!  As far as your eye condition... I would call and tell them your concerns TODAY---RIGHT NOW .  I would not wait until 3/2 to find out what is going on.  PLEASE call them.  You have every right to be concerned and a simple phone call to  the doctor can rest your mind that everything is fine. You want to make sure your eye pressure is not high or anything!   No, I have not experience anything like this.  Of course my close up vision is the pits... thus my wearing readers....  but distance is 20/20.  The  pressure feeling you mention you say you feel   or any  itchiness I have not had.  

]

My eyes are doing very well thus far and working as they should since surgery. My one month checkup is on March 1.    I am still doing drops in both eyes.. my bottle for my first eye done will probably run out today or tomorrow, then I will just be putting drops in my right eye until that bottle is gone. They seem to last forever these drops!

Husband is doing just fine.. soreness is gone now. He goes for his  first checkup since his surgery here first week in march . 

It is very cold here.... only in the lower 30's as highs today and the rest of the week.   Guess we are getting our winter now as the first part of the winter was very mild.  The plants have been starting to sprout and come alive  because of the mild winter... cherry trees bloomining!.... hope this cold snap does not hurt them.

YOU have a lovely day and please let me know what the doctor says after you call them... please do call!!  I care.  ~Sea Maiden~