Esteemed Contributor

How's it going with the toothache?

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl  Hi! Thanks for inquiring....  As you know,  last Thursday morning I went to see the root canal guy and he went in and did half of the root canal , but, because of so much swelling, infection and draining, he was not able to finish.  He put in some kind of anti bacterial stuff into the tooth after cleaning out as much as he could and temporary sealed it back up.  He wanted to see me in a week or two after the tooth calmed down.

I made the return appointment to see him for this coming Wednesday( one week) to HOPEFULLY be able to resume doing the root canal and finishing the process. If he still thinks it is draining too much, I would return in another week I guess. 

I am still in some discomfort, but nothing like those first few days!  The swelling is way down but my face is still a bit swollen on the left side and my gland is still big.  I can open my mouth better, but, it is still hard to open enough to eat normally. But  still, a HUGE improvement!  I am mostly off any pain meds he gave me.  I will be finished of with the antibiotic protocal on Tuesday( 7 days). Hopefully after Wednesdays visit I will feel better again and just pray no other teeth decide to die on me anytime soon Smiley Sad ( Always an issue when you have crowned teeth)

I must say, I know of no other pain( even joint replacement which I have had 4 !)  where this tooth ache infection in the jaw is as bad.... Horrible horrible disabling pain. You can not eat, sleep or fuction at all when the pain is throbbing so.   I feel so bad for those who suffer with  dental issues and have no dental insurance. It should be law that low income people have dental. I would love my tax dollars to go to that. NO ONE SHOULD SUFFER MOUTH PAIN no matter who they are.

I will update again after my appointment and let you know how things go. Smiley Happy Thanks for caring!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden I cannot ven describe the sympathy I have for you.

I have had two bad expriences with badly damaged teeth, in spite of being very conscientious about dental health, and BOTH were intensely uncomfortable- YES, probably the worst pain I've ever experienced.

Hoping hat your Wed visit is the end of your difficulty, or at VERY LEAST, a major step in the right direction!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question for SeaMaiden

[ Edited ]

I'm happy to hear it's improved but it sounds like you might need another round of antibiotics. Perhaps you should let them know where you're at right now with it in case he wants you to do that for another week rather than attempting to finish the job this week.