Valued Contributor

Question about Peggy Cappy's yoga DVD for easing pain

I am interested in getting Peggy Cappy's DVD called Yoga for the Rest of Us-Easy Yoga for Easing Pain, but wanted to reach out with a question first. If any of you own this, could you please tell me if she deals with back pain at all in this DVD. I know she also has a DVD that does specifically deal with the back, but I like this one because it sounds like it is for pain all throughout the body (which I have). I just want to be sure the back is included in this DVD. Thanks for any help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about Peggy Cappy's yoga DVD for easing pain

She has great reviews re: her teachings all over the Interwebz..

Yoga in general is very beneficial for spine pain, especially the lower back area.

It strengthens your core (key) which also helps with balance.  Plus it makes you more flexible.

The physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health benefits:  priceless.

Love the practice myself.

Honored Contributor

@qualityshopper

I have this DVD and am watching it for you right now.  She does not address any pain or any specific issues in this DVD.  What she does is give you options for moves.  Sometimes several options as she has 5 people with her and she will have each person do the move differently based on your needs.

If nothing else, this video is very soothing to listen to.

And Part 1 is 20 minutes of relaxing moves in a chair that most people can do.

This DVD is not easy, however.  But I don't use the chair so I don't know if it is easier in the chair or not.  I used this as a beginner to yoga as I took some great classes at the gym but they are not always on my schedule.  This was another option for me to get some yoga in.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

Thanks both of you for answering. I've been busy this past week and hadn't gotten back on here until now to see if there were any responses. I appreciate your help.