Respected Contributor

Re: Question About Outdoor Precautions of COVID-19

@BeautyLver 

I am following my state and local task force briefings.  I am a person who will not, and have not, put one single person at risk. Every single time the authorities are on television, Nextdoor, Instagram, or Twitter, I am informing myself hourly and non-stop.

I usually get friendly advice from this forum.  Go and read all of my posts if you wish. 

Honored Contributor

@jpie wrote:

Do you think it is safe for me to get out and do basic yard maintenance? 

@jpie 

If you have kept pretty much up to date, only you can answer this question. I too take it seriously and I  keep up with the latest "fact" reports". We live in a rural setting and at the very end of a road that ends in a cul-de-sac. Since we own our land, close to 2 acres, nobody is walking their dogs on our fenced property.

If my situation were exactly like what you describe?  I would change nothing I am presently doing. That includes going to the store to get what we need. I am a too free wheeling type guy to get overly concerned about my health, even though I have had many serious medical issues.

Do what you feel is most comfortable for you.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@jpie wrote:

@BeautyLver 

I am following my state and local task force briefings.  I am a person who will not, and have not, put one single person at risk. Every single time the authorities are on television, Nextdoor, Instagram, or Twitter, I am informing myself hourly and non-stop.

I usually get friendly advice from this forum.  Go and read all of my posts if you wish. 

@jpie People will disagree with you and offer other opinions.  You don't have to be condescending to them either.  It is an exchange of ideas.  No one here is being rude or dismissive to you.  

Honored Contributor

I would think that UV light from the sun is supposed to be a natural disinfectant so it should be safe to go out in your yard.

However I'm sure plenty of others are wondering the same thing so it would be nice if the CDC addressed this.  This whole issue is stressful enough why don't they mention this concern either way?!

Honored Contributor

@jpie wrote:

I have been taking this self-isolation seriously. I have not been anywhere, except to get my mail, since March 13. I don't plan on leaving for at least another two weeks. 

I have seen a lot of families of up to four, side-by-side. walking with their dog.  One of the families stopped to let the dog "go" on the grassy easement that I maintain. We have numerous people doing this throughout my neighborhood.

I want to get out on Monday to rake and remove a few sweet gum balls, and then mow the grass.

Also, my neighbor had a team of three men doing hours of 

yard work over the last three days. They have been on my property and walking through the easement too.

@jpie   I understand your concern. We are all worried. You can go on a walk...go work in the yard.... social distance kept in mind.  No worries about the men working outside.  If they are gone now just enjoy your day outside. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, you are safe in the open air in your yard.   

Honored Contributor

Our park has kids playing, couples walking and dogs p**ping! High today was 30, but with little wind and bright sunshine, people need a break from their cabin fever.

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@jpie wrote:

@jpie 

If you have kept pretty much up to date, only you can answer this question. I too take it seriously and I  keep up with the latest "fact" reports". We live in a rural setting and at the very end of a road that ends in a cul-de-sac. Since we own our land, close to 2 acres, nobody is walking their dogs on our fenced property.

If my situation were exactly like what you describe?  I would change nothing I am presently doing. That includes going to the store to get what we need. I am a too free wheeling type guy to get overly concerned about my health, even though I have had many serious medical issues.

Do what you feel is most comfortable for you.

hckynut

____

Thank you @hckynut 

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I would think that UV light from the sun is supposed to be a natural disinfectant so it should be safe to go out in your yard.

However I'm sure plenty of others are wondering the same thing so it would be nice if the CDC addressed this.  This whole issue is stressful enough why don't they mention this concern either way?!

_____

Thank you a million times over!  I have read the CDC website in every single category almost daily. This was not addressed, but was something that was on my mind. It is important to me.

I appreciate you brainstorming my exact question so very much!

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@jpie wrote:

I have been taking this self-isolation seriously. I have not been anywhere, except to get my mail, since March 13. I don't plan on leaving for at least another two weeks. 

I have seen a lot of families of up to four, side-by-side. walking with their dog.  One of the families stopped to let the dog "go" on the grassy easement that I maintain. We have numerous people doing this throughout my neighborhood.

I want to get out on Monday to rake and remove a few sweet gum balls, and then mow the grass.

Also, my neighbor had a team of three men doing hours of 

yard work over the last three days. They have been on my property and walking through the easement too.

@jpie   I understand your concern. We are all worried. You can go on a walk...go work in the yard.... social distance kept in mind.  No worries about the men working outside.  If they are gone now just enjoy your day outside. 

_______

Thank you!