Honored Contributor

Re: Quality of Care with Medicare

[ Edited ]

@Carmie

Thank you for the chart and if I read this correctly I need a plan F which should cover my needs. But what does the * refer to, I hope it does not mean something bad  

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Carmie

Thank you but I am a novice at this and I have no idea what it actually means, I need to sit down when I have all my info and figure out what is right for me 

@Carmie wrote:

Medicare Supplements are easy to understand.  The chart below is an easy read.  You will be able to see which plans cover foreign expenses, which plans covermthe SNF copays and the Medicare B deductible.  You will also notice that two plans cover the Medicare excess fee.  It is not legal for doctors to charge the excess fee in NY, so that will not be an important benefit for you.

5735E3B0-D4E4-4139-8D97-D1F3CED493E2.jpeg

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox You weren't who my comment was directed to - it was Kachina.

Esteemed Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@luvmybeetle....so is that why my doctor keeps harassing me with phone calls/emails/letters in the mail wanting me to make an appt for a physical? Another poster suggested that the doctor may be getting kickbacks from UHC. I am tired of the harassment and am about ready to file a complaint. Do I file a complaint aginst the doctor or UHC?

Why not just go for a physical? Doctors want to keep their patients healthy - and physicals are a way of gaging and maintaining health. 

Honored Contributor

@151949Would of been nice if you tagged her, oh well

@151949 wrote:

@I am still oxox You weren't who my comment was directed to - it was Kachina.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I tried to but for some reason her name did not come up.Who knows why - this board is funky lately.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@I am still oxox  You might want to call your state's Medicare office and request a book called " Medicare and You". It is free.

If you get a book for your state, not a generic copy, there should be a section in the back that lists insurance companies with what they offer in the county where you live complete with prices.

The generic book is available on line too, but that section the with the insurance companies is excluded because it would be Impossible to cover every state and every county within that state.

I think the book is very helpful and easy to understand and serves as a quick reference if you have a question throughout the year.  It saves you from calling and being on hold.

@Carmie...just wanted to send an overdue thanks for your knowledgable posts on Medicare. You have helped me immensely. Currently my husband is working at 70 and I am covered under his private insurance, However, I turned 65 this year and when he retires you have helped us to sort out how to buy the best coverage...

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@luvmybeetle....so is that why my doctor keeps harassing me with phone calls/emails/letters in the mail wanting me to make an appt for a physical? Another poster suggested that the doctor may be getting kickbacks from UHC. I am tired of the harassment and am about ready to file a complaint. Do I file a complaint aginst the doctor or UHC?

@catwhisperer  Get your annual physical.   What would be the basis for filing a complaint??

If you are not happy with UHC, then seek out other plans with a Medicare counselor.

Wouldn't you rather have a physical and find out something earlier that can be treated rather than wait for serious symptoms that would lead you to spending a heck of a lot more $$ to be treated-if at that point you could be treated.

If you are afraid to get that physical, please don't be.  Prevention is so important; a few extra dollars spent on prevention can save you much more in $$ than waiting.

I won't get into details but if I didn't have my annual this year I very well could have ended up with a serious situation since symptoms were not evident.

Complaining because a doctor wants the best for you will only hurt you.  He/She is not getting anything out of this-in fact,  doctors are not making millions off of physicals.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

So how do you find a medicare conuselor so you just google it

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3....first of all, thank you for being so kind, supportive, and non-judgmental. For those who think I am just a paranoid nut case, I did schedule an appt. for Nov. to see my PCP.

Not that I owe anyone an explanation, but just for info, I am a senior, a 24/7 caregiver for my DH, do all the cooking, cleaning, shopping, laundry, banking, bill paying, plus deal with any and all issues that may arise on any given day.

I am under a great deal of stress and get no help from friends or relatives. I get a lot of, "I'm sorry, you are a strong person and can handle it, hang in there", etc. 

So, I DO NOT appreciate daily phone calls from the doctor's office hounding me about making an appt. I had a complete physical two years ago. No health issues, am not on any meds. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@Cakers3....first of all, thank you for being so kind, supportive, and non-judgmental. For those who think I am just a paranoid nut case, I did schedule an appt. for Nov. to see my PCP.

Not that I owe anyone an explanation, but just for info, I am a senior, a 24/7 caregiver for my DH, do all the cooking, cleaning, shopping, laundry, banking, bill paying, plus deal with any and all issues that may arise on any given day.

I am under a great deal of stress and get no help from friends or relatives. I get a lot of, "I'm sorry, you are a strong person and can handle it, hang in there", etc. 

So, I DO NOT appreciate daily phone calls from the doctor's office hounding me about making an appt. I had a complete physical two years ago. No health issues, am not on any meds. 

@catwhisperer  I hear you about being a caregiver.  It's hard to put ourselves first.

I would still like you to have an annual; but of course that is your choice.

Be well.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh