Respected Contributor

Re: Quality of Care with Medicare

@Cakers3....if you read my post again, I did schedule an appt. for Nov.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@Cakers3....if you read my post again, I did schedule an appt. for Nov.

@catwhisperer  Oy I did.  Typing with other things on my mind.  Not a good look for me.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3...not a problem. Heart

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Carmie

Thank you for the chart and if I read this correctly I need a plan F which should cover my needs. But what does the * refer to, I hope it does not mean something bad  

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Carmie

Thank you but I am a novice at this and I have no idea what it actually means, I need to sit down when I have all my info and figure out what is right for me 

@Carmie wrote:

Medicare Supplements are easy to understand.  The chart below is an easy read.  You will be able to see which plans cover foreign expenses, which plans covermthe SNF copays and the Medicare B deductible.  You will also notice that two plans cover the Medicare excess fee.  It is not legal for doctors to charge the excess fee in NY, so that will not be an important benefit for you.

5735E3B0-D4E4-4139-8D97-D1F3CED493E2.jpeg

I think you mentioned that you live in NY, if that is so, Plan C would work for you.  It covers everything that plan F does except the Medicare excess fee.  In NY, it is illegal for doctors to bill this excess fee, so you would not need excess fee benefit.

You might find that there is little or no price difference in NY between Plan C and F because you will never get to use the excess fee benefit.  If that is the case, choose either plan. 

we have the same no excess fee here in PA, and Plan C is what I will purchase for myself...DH always has it.

Honored Contributor

Just make sure the immunologist you see accepts Medicare patients....many doctors don't accept Medicare patients. If yours doesn't, ask him for a reference. I have a Medicare advantage plan with Humana. I have been on it several months and have been happy with it so far. Only Part D has been an issue for me.

Respected Contributor

Insurance accountants try to dictate to doctors the 'standard of care'.

I had a battle w/insurance to get an Oncoscore Test (genetic testing of cancer tumors) so my oncologist could write a standard of care for me.-It was unbelievable!!

Regular Contributor

My husband, now retired is a SHIP volunteer. They can really help you.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm 78+.  I've been on Medicare since age 65.  I get all of my medical care through a major medical center in the Northeast.  I've been getting the care there for years beforfe I reached 65.  I've got all kinds of health problems (some age related and some DNA related).  I've got several specialty doctors.

Bottom line.  My care hasn't changed one iota.