Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Thanks for sharing, I need a truly slip proof bath mat.  

@chrystaltree

I hope it works well for you, I hadn't heard, until now, that some people say it slips.  I don't see how, but anyway... I ordered two more as backups after DD fell.  I figure they must wear out at some point, but so far that mat has been great for me.

When DD fell, I ran in, her knees hurt so much, she kept slipping.  I tried to help her up but she's taller than I am.  What a scene Smiley Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

I don't use a bathmat, I have non-slip tub stickers in my tub.

They are of swans.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. I broke my back a couple of years ago slipping in the shower. Great big owie!

Honored Contributor

Noel ,we bought ours at the hospital, They carry items like this. You might look at a place that supplies wheelchairs ,and that sort of thing

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I don't use a bathmat, I have non-slip tub stickers in my tub.

They are of swans.

@Plaid Pants2

I tried the stickers twice, including those for on the side of a tub to make it easier to get out.  They didn't stay and they were not as functional as the mat, not by any stretch.

But great that they work for you!

Honored Contributor

We installed grab bars in both our bathrooms.  Has made a big difference for us.

Honored Contributor

@castlenv wrote:

We installed grab bars in both our bathrooms.  Has made a big difference for us.

@kaydee50

Did the installers have to go through the wall or what?  We have tile, I wondered if it would just shatter.

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl I buy the one from Bed Bath Beyond and love it.

Honored Contributor

I have those stick-on things on my tub, too. Never had any problem with them coming off. I also have two grab bars on the walls, one opposite the shower head and the other on the long side wall. I have had to use them on more than one occasion but not because of slipping but because I can't get up off the tub floor without them when I take baths. 

Honored Contributor

@onionsoup wrote:

By law all new homes must use non slip bath tubs and also from what I've been told anyone who wants to remodel their bathroom can only find non slip bath tubs which is good.  We have a non slip but because I am an occasional Wen user I too discovered that it makes the tub slippery which makes me mad, very mad.  Wen leaves a horrible gooey film on your tub doesn't matter that it's non slip.  One thing though I always dislked about bath mats is the ones I've tried from years ago, they developed mold on the suction cups. When I am out of the shower and cold and wet I don't like to have to do the necessary housekeeping to prevent that....not sure if this new one from Qvc does that

I am confused by this post. 

We just built a brand new custom designed home and do not have a non slip bottom tub in our guest bathroom. Our master bath has a huge walk in shower. The bottom is tile.  We do not have any mats or stickers.

There are no such building codes where I live.

I have used Wen for about 8 years now, DH for 5 and have never had any sort of gooey film.