Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 848
Registered: ‎03-15-2021

QVC Product Development: Sensitivities

Earlier today I started a post about mint in toothpaste irritating my acid reflux. Another member posted her problems with it as well. Another post concerned shampoo and conditioner. You have enough suppliers to pull together a group of products to fill this need. Tell them no fragrance, no flavoring, get products as basic as possible. Make a collection from all of your companies. Startup costs will be minimal since you have someone representing every category. Do a show featuring these items on that show. Babies, redheads, allergy sufferers, chemotherapy and radiation patients need your help. Mass manufacturers have dropped products that are not dead center on the Bell Curve across every category.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,081
Registered: ‎04-11-2010

Re: QVC Product Development: Sensitivities

I feel this way, too about scented shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, hair spray and other personal hygiene products and lotions.

 

Many fragrances are irritating to me as well. Also why buy/sell perfume if it's going to be contradicted by basic stuff?

 

Rinse, swish around and spit out water a few times after brushing your teeth. Don't swallow anything until the toothpaste residue is gone. I do this with sensitivity tooth paste as you're not supposed to swallow it. Also after 30 seconds after mouthwash.

 

 

 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,680
Registered: ‎03-17-2010

Re: QVC Product Development: Sensitivities

I think this is an excellent idea, it sure would help a lot of people and even provide the Q with more customers who are searching for these products with a place to go and buy. 

 

I recently tried to buy treats for my Diabetic dog and had to do a TON of homework to make sure I wasn't buying a product filled with sugar and listed as something I didn't recognize as sugar.  I sugested to Petco that they make a special isle for Diabetic animals....  it went over extremely well.....(j/k).  You have an excellent idea, I hope it  is given serious thought.      

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor
Posts: 848
Registered: ‎03-15-2021

Re: QVC Product Development: Sensitivities


@candyagain wrote:

I feel this way, too about scented shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, hair spray and other personal hygiene products and lotions.

 

Many fragrances are irritating to me as well. Also why buy/sell perfume if it's going to be contradicted by basic stuff?

 

Rinse, swish around and spit out water a few times after brushing your teeth. Don't swallow anything until the toothpaste residue is gone. I do this with sensitivity tooth paste as you're not supposed to swallow it. Also after 30 seconds after mouthwash.

 

 

 


Thank you for your helpful suggestions. I have begun rinsing with earnest since I realized mint was the culprit. I stopped using mint toothpaste some time ago. Won't use mouthwash because I am too sensitive. Strict diet eliminated most of the offenders like garlic, onions, etc. Good thing about masks is that no one but me knows if I have bad breath. I keep it all to myself.

 

Perhaps pointing out there is a large need something will get done to help get some products on the market.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 848
Registered: ‎03-15-2021

Re: QVC Product Development: Sensitivities


@Q4u wrote:

I think this is an excellent idea, it sure would help a lot of people and even provide the Q with more customers who are searching for these products with a place to go and buy. 

 

I recently tried to buy treats for my Diabetic dog and had to do a TON of homework to make sure I wasn't buying a product filled with sugar and listed as something I didn't recognize as sugar.  I sugested to Petco that they make a special isle for Diabetic animals....  it went over extremely well.....(j/k).  You have an excellent idea, I hope it  is given serious thought.      


Thank you! Perhaps if they hear from enough of us something will happen.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,367
Registered: ‎06-07-2010

Re: QVC Product Development: Sensitivities

@On It  Which toothpaste does not contain mint? I am interested.   Thank you

Valued Contributor
Posts: 848
Registered: ‎03-15-2021

Re: QVC Product Development: Sensitivities


@janey2 wrote:

@On It  Which toothpaste does not contain mint? I am interested.   Thank you


The toothpaste I have been using was Cleure but it is sold out. I ordered it online. They indicate having travel sizes.  In my search I found a Hello toothpaste in watermelon for kids of all ages. I am still using the last of my Cleure before I try it. One of the other contributors suggested Revitin Prebiotic Toothpaste which I found online at the company site. I scanned it quickly and liked what I saw. I will order it tomorrow when I can reread its ingredients with fresh eyes and a fresh brain. It looks very promising. I want to see where it is manufactured.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,367
Registered: ‎06-07-2010

Re: QVC Product Development: Sensitivities

@On It  I was reading up on mint free toothpaste. I came across Cleure. It sounded like just what I wanted so ordered the travel size to try (on sale).  Thanks for the information.