Honored Contributor

Q for John our ice hockey man here

[ Edited ]

John do you use any of those joint pills they talk about on t.v.?  The ones that say, fruits in one and veggies in the other?  Saw the ad today, and you've mentioned your age before and that you ice skate (even if not presently, but hopefully soon, for you).  So, I got to wondering if you take suppliments for joints?

Care to share?

Sorry John, couldn't remember the whole name you use now.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q for John our ice hockey man here

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

John do you use any of those joint pills they talk about on t.v.?  The ones that say, fruits in one and veggies in the other?  Saw the ad today, and you've mentioned your age before and that you ice skate (even if not presently, but hopefully soon, for you).  So, I got to wondering if you take suppliments for joints?

Care to share?

@qualitygal 

No I don't take any supplements for my joints. With my colon bleeding issues, I cannot take anything that even resembles a blood thinner, say like Turmeric.

I have never had any knee or hip joint problems, even though I have probably ran over 300,000 miles. Spent years doing regular workouts that strengthened all the muscles above and around my knees, and I credit that for not any having major knee joint issues.

What I can and do take prior to each 2 hour skating session, is 1 of the 8 hour Tylenol tablets. This is for my twice operated on back, which is minus Lumbar Discs. That seems to keep my back from tightening up skating on the cold ice service.

Other than the supplements I take to help my deficiencies because of my heart attacks and low level of Vitamin D, that's about it. 

I think 8 hour dose of Tylenol is 2 tablets, and I only take 1. So that would be 3 a week, at most.  Unfortunately it will be quite awhile before I am able to skate again, dang it anyways!

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Occasional Contributor

Please google customer reviews before ordering.  NOT good reviews for the most part , and people complain that once they have your credit card number it's next to impossible to cancel future shipments.  

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn   Thank-You.👏

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal  Check with your PCP before taking ANY supplements or OTC stuff. You need to be sure it doesn't interact with anything else! OTC's are a dangerous mix - and usually not helpful if you are eating well and getting enough daily exercise. Don't waste the money or your health to that junk! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.