Honored Contributor

Re: Purchasing lower-priced vitamins and supplements.

I buy from Puritans Pride and Swanson all the time, sometimes their formulas have even higher concentrations of something than Lessman offers. I find them to be every bit as good quality and for a fraction iof the cost.

Honored Contributor

@LaurenNicole wrote:

I get my Berberine at pureformulas dot com.  They carry Thorne brand and several other brands.  I've used both the Thorne and their house brand, Pureformulas, and like both and believe the house brand is probably manufactured by Thorne as they are the same.

Pureformulas offers free shipping no minimum, no tax, you earn points for purchases and reviews and they are on ebates and mrrebates.  They carry a wide variety of brands including Thorne, Douglas and Pure Encapsulations all of which I consider to be high quality.  I've been ordering from them for 3+ years with excellent service and no problems.

I order a lot of teas, foods and beauty items from Pure Formulas, never bought any supplements from them, since theirs are usually higher priced then I find on Swanson and Puritans Pride, but that is not to say theirs are not of high quality. Their shipping is always free, and no tax, very reliable.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey - Lower cost doesn't mean lower quality, the same way that higher costs don't equate to higher quality.  I don't purchase from Puritan's Pride, but I can give my unconditional endorsement for Vitacost.  They are a reputable company and have quality products.  My DH and I take a number of supplements ourselves and there's no way we could afford all of them if they were Lessman's.  What I do is listen to Lessman for his expertise, but then I look at Vitacost for the right ingredient in a capsule delivery.  It hasn't failed us yet.  In addition to the actual products, Vitacost has a lot of other positives going for it - free shipping on $49, Buy 1/Get 1 deals, auto-ship option.  I've been buying from them for quite some time and have every confidence that we're getting good products but not having to pay through the nose for them. 

Regular Contributor

None of them are regulated.

We don't know what's in them. Smiley Sad

There was an investigative documentary on this.

Super Contributor

@dreamieLil wrote:

None of them are regulated.

We don't know what's in them. Smiley Sad

There was an investigative documentary on this.

If you mean the PBS film there's another thread on that.