Respected Contributor

Pumpkin Seed Oil is tasty when drizzled on cubes of roasted butternut squash, with some sea salt, and pepper!

Honored Contributor

@jpie I'm assuming I will find it at the local grocery store; if not, perhaps Amazon. They have everything! ha!

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@jpie I'm assuming I will find it at the local grocery store; if not, perhaps Amazon. They have everything! ha!

@World Traveler   Iherb dot com is a great online source for supplements. Really good prices and quick shipping. I usually get a “shipped” notice about two hours after ordering. Things are always packaged well. We have been ordering from them for years, and I highly recommend. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

________

The best pumpkin seed oil I've ever tasted was from a specialty olive oil and balsamic vendor in the St. Louis area.  The store name is diOlivas.  The owner used to have three stores, but now only has the one.  The oil was expensive, but a little went a long way.  The last few years when I asked about the harvest, he said it was unavailable.  I also was able to get some from another balsamic specialty store, but it was not very good.  I am sure there are places to buy gourmet pumpkin seed oil, but after I had a substandard batch, I have been leery about purchasing from other vendors.

I do love diOlivas for all of my balsamic vinegars.  Nothing else comes close.  My favorite is the 30 year old 5 star balsamic! ..... Delicious.....I have an entire storage ottoman filled with different olive oils and balsamic vinegars. My latest favorite oil is walnut oil.  Love to make crispy, shaved brussel sprouts with it.  

If you are looking for quality products, check diOlivas out online.  I believe they ship.  Expensive but excellent.

I know that Swanson's Vitamins sells pumpkin seed oil, but it is not gourmet quality.  

Respected Contributor

Correction:  It is called 25 star balsamic vinegar.  I have no idea where I got the idea it was 30 years old.  Smiley Tongue  

Honored Contributor

Buy mine either on Puritans Pride or Swanson sites, 100 count bottles of 1000 mg softgels. 

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags  and @jpie  Thanks for the information! Heart

Contributor

Interesting thread. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

If I take Lessman Omega 3 and also his Cranberry pills do I need the Pumpkin seed oil?

Honored Contributor

This oil is certified organic and cost's less than $12+3.95sh(flat rate). Pipingrock dot com also sells capsules of pumpkin seed oil, too.

s-l640.jpg