Honored Contributor

Does anyone use this for health reasons.I read that it is good for skin and hair.I just got a bottle from amazon and looking for ways to use it.

Valued Contributor

My friend uses pumpkin seed oil capsules to avoid getting uti's. She takes 2 1000mg. pills a day. So far they have been keeping them at bay, because she used to get a uti every month.

I have bought the oil and mixed it with a little salad dressing and put it on my salad. I didn't stay with it long enough to see benefits. It is high in Omega 6 fat.

The Peoples Pharmacy  is website that has more info about it.

Honored Contributor

My DH started taking it several years ago, takes 2000 mg per day in softgel form. I buy it from Swanson, or Puritans Pride. he wanted to take it because it is supposed to be very good for men's prostate health. 

Valued Contributor

its really good for health .

Valued Contributor

have taken 1000 mg pumpkin seed oil every day [2 capsules]for at least 10 years . It is a good antinflammatory for auto immune diseases and arthritis [which I have ] I also take it as it lowers cholesterol and blood sugar.It is great for your skin.also . It is great for cystitis and urinary tract problems . Men can take it for prostrate problems [. Baseball players are always eating pumpkin seeds ].Then oil can be used in salad dressings and cooking . You can add a little to your face cream . It will moisturize your skin and give it a nice glow. Make sure to check your expiration dates.

cathy from ma.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I was getting up three or four times a night to use the bathroom.  The first night I took pumpkin capsules I only got up once!  That benefit has continued.  I take Now Pumpkin Seed oil..about $8 online.   I have also read its good for hair, skin, joints. 

Honored Contributor

@nunu4u @twinkies @anin @Shelbelle @piperbay thanks everyone.I took awhile to respond but I somehow forgot about my post...I better start ingesting that oil.

Honored Contributor

@nunu4u Thanks for that information. I had not heard that it was good for night visits to the throne! ha! Is it supposed to be better than cranberry, if you know?

Valued Contributor

I don't know if pumpkin seed oil is better than cranberry...check out reviews on amazon, or health sites like iherb, vitamin shoppe, to see what people are saying! 

Honored Contributor

@nunu4u  Thanks! I will do that.