Honored Contributor

anyone have any good home remedies to treat the scaly skin patches on elbows and arms.l have a good friend who has tried everything medically to clear this up and nothing works.She is a personnel trainer and is a little worried that she will get an infection.I think sometimes old natural remedies work well with less side effects.

Honored Contributor

I know cold weather makes a person breakout more.  This is an auto immune condition.

Occasional Contributor

Dont know if it will work for everyone, but a male friend had this problem on his scalp an SAY YES TO CARROTTS, SHAMPOO an beauty line at Walgreens really helped, he had tried tons of over the counter stuff, this seemed to be helpful. Just a thought.

Honored Contributor

@dex

There is a new cream called Theraplex -- it is not expensive. Recommended for our DGS for horrible eczema on his face. Only three ingredients are in it and it does what it says -- part of it (which helps it spread to cover surface -- goes away and leaves a specially made petrolatum behind which seals off the cracks.

His condition improved after one day (of seriously applying it). I bought the emollient and am having great luck on seriously cracking/chapping lips-- FINALLY THERE IS SOMETHING. HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@dex

There is a new cream called Theraplex -- it is not expensive. Recommended for our DGS for horrible eczema on his face. Only three ingredients are in it and it does what it says -- part of it (which helps it spread to cover surface -- goes away and leaves a specially made petrolatum behind which seals off the cracks.

His condition improved after one day (of seriously applying it). I bought the emollient and am having great luck on seriously cracking/chapping lips-- FINALLY THERE IS SOMETHING. HTH

Have had psoriasis all my life-is Theraplex over the counter or a prescription....thanks..

Honored Contributor

Check WEB MD, I see lots of remedies posted on there.

Honored Contributor
@nana59... This is OTC posting a picture now.
Honored Contributor

@nana59@dex

image.jpeg

I think I saw it available from WM and local drug stores. The one that intrigues me is an exfoliating cleanser for $13, but I'm sticking with this for now.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Love this stuff

[Link Removed by Moderator - Sorry link to another Retailer] 

Vitamin K and D also help

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@nana59@dex

image.jpeg

I think I saw it available from WM and local drug stores. The one that intrigues me is an exfoliating cleanser for $13, but I'm sticking with this for now.

thank you......always looking for something i haven't tried....

@LTT1 wrote:

@nana59@dex

image.jpeg