Honored Contributor

My youngest son just started having problems with this about 3 years ago. I thought stress brought it on (lots of sickness and deaths with his in laws).

I read on the Beauty Banter forums that supplements like Vitamin D3, Flax oil pills and Fish oil helped posters who responded. So he started taking them and it did help.

The meds the doctor gave him didn't really help at all. Prescription creams.

You may want to post in Beauty also.

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/17/2014 Lucky Charm said:

My youngest son just started having problems with this about 3 years ago. I thought stress brought it on (lots of sickness and deaths with his in laws).

I read on the Beauty Banter forums that supplements like Vitamin D3, Flax oil pills and Fish oil helped posters who responded. So he started taking them and it did help.

The meds the doctor gave him didn't really help at all. Prescription creams.

You may want to post in Beauty also.

Lucky Charm,

Thank you for the supplement information! My husband already takes D3 and fish oil, but I don't know how much of what. Will definitely pass this along to him.

And, it didn't even occur to me to post on the Beauty Board as well. Thanks so much for suggesting it.

~R

Edited to add that I'm sorry that your son has to deal with this chronic condition. I'll keep him in my prayers.

Contributor
My DD started having symptoms around her 30th b-day. She went to the dr right away and they diagnosed her with pustular psoriasis. She ran with the gamit of all the creams and injections, nothing worked for her. She went on the paleo diet and that didn't work either. They suggested a drug called stoleria sp? But she had to make a choice of the drug and she had to get her tubes tied. She chose not to have anymore children before, so this just made her do it. She was living in h e l l before and this drug was a miracle for her. She hasn't had a breakout since. The only drawback is when its time for her shot she has a terrible attitude pms x10.
Super Contributor
My mom has psoriasis and she found that going gluten-free has helped her tremendously. She read an article on it (sorry, don't know the specific source) so she thought she'd give it a try. After about 4 months, she felt a big difference and when she slips and has bread, she notices she is much itchier. It's not an easy "diet", which I know firsthand having recently been diagnosed with celiac, but it has helped her a lot so I wanted to pass the information on to you in case it helps your hubby as well. Best of luck!
Respected Contributor

Some people think the spice turmeric helps them with their psoriasis:

http://www.turmericforhealth.com/turmeric-benefits/turmeric-for-psoriasis

People take turmeric in pill form or use it as a spice, or both, to help MS remain in remission as well. It is a well known anti-inflammatory compound.

Honored Contributor

Rebecca,

What kind of soap does DH use in the shower?

Super Contributor

Soap should be something really mild and unfortunately, the daily shower will have to go if he's doing that. No hot water, should be lukewarm/tepid water also.

Frequent Contributor

Check out the Paleo Diet. It is great for most auto immune symptoms. My husband and I have been off wheat for a year and a half and he now has no arthritis. Our next step is the Paleo Diet. I have read of many improvements for skin conditions with this diet. Best wishes as you explore your options!

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/18/2014 lolakimono said:

Rebecca,

What kind of soap does DH use in the shower?

Hi Lola,

You would not believe this, but he had this squeeze bottle with watered down Dawn dishwashing liquid!!!

Rebecca

Esteemed Contributor

beadaholic, nycgirl79, Jersey Born, Lola, pistolino and Cheryl in KY,

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone for all of the kind information and advice you're providing. And, yes, my husband is reading all responses (cut and pasted to a Word doc) and is starting to do research, as time allows, as we childcare our grandchild.

It has occurred to me that the stress involved in taking care of our 11 month old granddaughter since January might have kick-started the psoraisis. Nervertheless, we will forge ahead with everthing provided.

God Bless - Rebecca