Super Contributor

Protein powder recommendations

As I posted in another thread, I'm trying to slack off slowly my addiction to milk, and get some nutrition because of my ednos. I've been "Windows shopping", aka browsing online, for a few years. My criteria is what's holding me back. I have a lot of sensitivity to foods and the like.

•No artificial, or "naturally derived" sweeteners...stevia, xylotol, aspartame, acesulfame potassium, etc

•No nuts

•No chocolate 

•No caffeine 

•No exotic sounding ingredients, odd plants, ancient grains

•No wheat

See my dilemma?  

I've been aiming towards pea protein. Specifically, Naked Pea. But recommendations are welcome. 

TIA!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Protein powder recommendations

True Athlete Natural Whey Protein 

Respected Contributor

You may want to check out Unjury's web page.  I use their whey protein and really like it.  I'm not sure if it meets all your requirements but it might because hospitals use it.

Honored Contributor

With your statement, "slack off slowly my addiction to milk", 

I would steer clear of anything with whey and/or casein.

Note:  

I do not recommend anyone taking protein powder supplements.  

You can obtain sufficient protein needs through diet alone.

I don't take any protein powders and/or supplements...save your $$.

With that being said, waaaay back in the day 15+yrs ago, I was cleaning up my vegan diet & felt like, for some reason, I needed to supplement protein.  The cleanest vegan protein powder I found was NutriBiotic Rice Protein.  It mixes easily & comes in plain/vanilla/chocolate/berry.   Back then, I ordered it online, but I would check the Vitamin retail stores...they probably carry it today.

First recommendation is not to take anything.

Second recommendation is to go plant-based (rice, hemp)

Third recommendation is ttry the NutriBiotic brand.

HTH!

image.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Check out arbonne.
Super Contributor

I use Bobs mill whey.  All natural, no junk, sugar or sodium.  

Respected Contributor

Jay Robb.  I get mine on Amazon

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Below I've listed Andrew Lessman's (Procaps Labs) Ultimate Whey Protein Isolate that may be the most bioavailable protein powder around. There are no added ingredients. 

The Procaps Labs products all have free S&H available through next weekend (because Andrew is presenting his product line at HSN).

A good friend of mine also likes Manitoba Harvest HempPro 70 which is Manitoba Harvest's most concentrated protein powder. Again, I don't think there are any added ingredients.

Best of luck!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

______

Andrew Lessman -- Procaps Labs

Ultimate Whey Protein Isolate™ - Unflavored

An outstanding source of ultra-pure, all natural, non-GMO Whey Protein Isolate, complete with the added benefits of the essential amino acids and free of excess fats, carbs, and additives. This one-of-a-kind formula delivers its benefits without any artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners, and it mixes easily and instantly. 

Supplement FactsServing Size 1 Scoop
(11 grams - 2 tablespoons)

Amount Per Serving%DV* 
Calories45  
Calories from Fat                  0   
Total Fat0 g0%
Saturated Fat                      0 g 0%
Trans Fat                         0 g  
Cholesterol0 mg0%
Sodium40 mg2%
Total Carbohydrate0 g0%
Sugars                              0 g  
Protein10 g20%
Whey Protein                       10 g  
Calcium40 mg4%
Phosphorus30 mg3%
Magnesium8 mg2%
* Percent Daily Value (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.  † DV not established.

Other Ingredients:

Non-GMO Whey Protein Isolate* and Sunflower Oil (1% or less to improve mixing).** 
*Source of a negligible amount of cholesterol, saturated fat and sugar. 
**Source of a negligible amount of fat and saturated fat. 
Contains a Primary Ingredient Derived from Milk.

Common Allergens:  Milk

Mix one or more scoops of Ultimate Whey Protein Isolate with any beverage. Ultimate Whey Protein Isolate mixes easily and is also neutral-tasting. It is fat-free, cholesterol-free and sugar-free and works perfectly with any wellness or weight-loss plan. This product is most effective when used as part of a healthy diet and active lifestyle, along with one of Andrew Lessman’s multi-vitamin-mineral formulas.

This package is sold by weight not by volume. It contains the full weight indicated on the label. Settling of contents can occur during shipment.

______

______

A friend of mine also uses this protein powder....

HempPro 70 - 16oz | Manitoba Harvest - Hemp Foods

manitobaharvest.com/.../HempPro-...

Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods & Oils
$29.99
The world's first easy-to-mix hemp protein powder. Water soluble - mixes easily into any delicious drink! Just add to shaker cup and go. Smooth, creamy texture ...

______

Honored Contributor

My friend also uses Tera's Whey. She likes their goat whey protein, but they also sell an organic, plain cow's whey protein (which comes from greaa-fed cows). 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

______

Plain Goat Whey Protein

Why we love it:

Goat whey is an incredible, nutrient-dense alternative to cow whey. Because it’s easier to digest for some people than cow milk, it’s a great way to get more protein in your diet. Our plain, unsweetened goat whey protein is as simple as it gets.

• 22 grams of protein
  • Certified Gluten free
  • Sugar free
  • Ethically sourced from small family farms and artisan cheesemakers

12ozGoatPlainHow to enjoy

Add two heaping scoops of tera’swhey Goat Plain protein powder to 6-8 fl. oz. water, milk or your favorite juice. Mix in a shaker bottle or blend in a blender with your favorite fruits and veggies. Fantastic any time of day: morning wake-up, afternoon pick-me-up or a post-workout recharger.

recipes that use this powder

Visit our Recipes section to view our ever expanding library of delicious recipes.

______

Honored Contributor

I currently use AL's Ultimate Whey twice a day and I have used Bob's Redmill in the past.

Both are great.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN