Trusted Contributor

Protecting them to death

[ Edited ]

I saw this article and it hit home so hard. If you are experiencing this situation you have my sympathy. I had an appointment to see my mother Tuesday for 30 minutes and they had a positive case of Covid so all visits are canceled. They now have to go back to sitting in their rooms alone all day even during meals. Only 79% of employees are vaccinated and  97% of residents. Until more people get vaccinated this situation will never change.

edited to remove link with political sidebar

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Protecting them to death

This whole situation is so messed up and wrong in every way. That's all I'll say about it.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

My in-laws live in an independent assisted living facility and according to them all residents but 5 have been vaccinated.  I don't know about the staff, this is not a facility that includes lskilled nursing care or long term care.  If they need that they need to leave.

All visitors are required to either provide a vaccine card or a negative test which mean no spontaneous visits for the unvaccinated or those (like me) that will not show my vaccine card to anyone but a medical professional that will be treating me.

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva 

That is heartbreaking, I'm so sorry your visit with Mom was cancelled.

My heart goes out to you, your family and Mom.Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

A friend moved her mother to a facility (not skilled) that is not part of a chain.  They are allowed to mandate vaccines for all, patients, staff and visitors.

Makes a lovely setup.  

Her mother had a blowout 100 birthday a couple of weeks ago.  Not sure she knew too much, but she enjoyed.  I got to go too.