Esteemed Contributor

Professional toenail scissors

[ Edited ]

I have really hard toenails. I went to a podiatrist to have them cut. The scissors they had were so good. They cut with ease. Does anyone know where I could buy a pair of professional toenail scissors like the podiatrist used.

Respected Contributor

Re: Professional toenail scissors

@ccassaday I always cut my nails when I first get out of the shower.  Try one of the medical supply stores as they have a vast array to offer.

Honored Contributor

Soak your feet (and nails) in epsom salts and you will find them so much easier to cut.  I bought a "foot spa" for this and make it into a little retreat.  It's very nice.... Woman Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@ccassaday I always cut my nails when I first get out of the shower.  Try one of the medical supply stores as they have a vast array to offer.

Yeah we have tried that. It didn't work. I have a pair of toenail scissors but they aren't nearly as good as the ones the podiatrist used.

Honored Contributor

Ask your podiatrist where you can get them.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday   I bought some toenail clippers from Amazon for myself probably eight years ago.  They're still sharp and are the best clippers I've ever used.

My father had thick toenails and needed good clippers, and I bought some for him, too.  

They are Seki Edge Stainless Steel Nail Clippers SS 107.  They also make fingernail clippers, which I use as well.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

@Boomernichols wrote:

Yeah we have tried that. It didn't work. I have a pair of toenail scissors but they aren't nearly as good as the ones the podiatrist used.

I have to soak my toenails at least 15 minutes in a warm water foot bath before I can cut them. The scissors I have are good ones, but it is a challenge to cut my nails even with them. I am looking forward to hearing responses on where to buy better scissors.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday   I don't know that all podiatrists do, my mine sometimes orders things for me that he wants me to use.  Can't hurt to ask.

Respected Contributor

Scissors? Or clippers?  I've never heard of toenail scissors. I'll google and see what comes up. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sally Beauty stores have some supplies

Vermont country store have some clippers