Valued Contributor

Also, try SingleCare, you can check their pricing on line.  I just filled a one time prescription, Good RX 44 Single Care 21. Again, they may not have everything but you can usually check either on line.

Honored Contributor

Re: Price of meds

[ Edited ]

@We rescue cats wrote:

It really stings when one needs a medication to function normally and cannot afford the cost. My RA meds are $5600 a month, we're trying to find another that works as well.

@We rescue cats   @hckynutjohn 

OMG ..... What are you taking?   

When my Rheumatologist prescribed Enbrel sure click for me, a very expensive med, she also referred me to the Amgen Safety Net Foundation.   Their screening criteria is based on current income, NOT assets, so I get it free, shipped to me every quarter in a refrigerated box ... and I don't even pay for shipping!  

Go to their website and see all the different meds they can provide.  Obviously, your insurance isn't paying for whatever it is you're taking, so maybe this will help.  

Let me know what you think.

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@We rescue cats wrote:

It really stings when one needs a medication to function normally and cannot afford the cost. My RA meds are $5600 a month, we're trying to find another that works as well.

@We rescue cats   @hckynutjohn 

OMG ..... What are you taking?   

When my Rheumatologist prescribed Enbrel sure click for me, a very expensive med, she also referred me to the Amgen Safety Net Foundation.   Their screening criteria is based on current income, NOT assets, so I get it free, shipped to me every quarter in a refrigerated box ... and I don't even pay for shipping!  

Go to their website and see all the different meds they can provide.  Obviously, your insurance isn't paying for whatever it is you're taking, so maybe this will help.  

I am taking Xeljanz, I was on Enbrel for a few years and it did a great job then one day it simply stopped working, I was also one of their recipients of the grant. Pfizer kept me on their program for reduced costs for 2 years but would not approve it this year so we are scrambling to find something that will cover the high cost of RA meds. My rheumatologist has given me samples for a couple of months. Our insurance will not pay for the Xeljanz and even at 50% the cost is prohibitive. I never understood how people could cut their medications in half instead of taking them as directed, suffice it to say: I now fully understand.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for the info on the discount drug plans out there, we have checked them and they do a good job and I have used them. I appreciate it. 

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@On It wrote:

Check Mark Cuban's Cost Plus Drugs site. He doesn't have every medication, but the ones he has are at unbelievably low prices.

I hope everyone can get the prescriptions they need at a much more affordable price.

@On It @catter70 

Here is a list of other drug coupon sites. Get your coupon from the one with the best price. I ran across these after GoodRx no longer offered a coupon for my NP Thyroid. They wanted $200 for a 90 day supply. I ended up paying Around $70 for a 90 day supply with coupon from CleverRx. There may be more but these are ones I have seen.

GoodRx

CleverRx

OptionRx

Singlecare

Amazon Pharmacy

Mark Cuban

RxLess

Honored Contributor

I just went thru tryng to get a med I need that is a pretty pricey one--my medicare drug coverage won't cover it--I will be changing that when open enrollment happens this year--but I ended up applying for a grant and was accepted. I have one full year of this drug being paid!! It's called Repatha and it's for high bad cholesterol (LDL) I take 2 injections a month. Thought it would take weeks to go thru red tape but it happened in 5 days!! I'm not used to not having to deal with hasseling--what world am I in again????Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I order some medications where prices are outrageous from Canada.  Have been doing it for many years now.  My Doctor faxes the skript to them.

They remnd me when it's time and customer service is excellent.  Mine is in Vancouver don't know if I can share name.

Honored Contributor

When my hubby retired he was able to keep our insurance as our supplemantary and the drug plan is pretty good, between Medicare and Aetna our doctor bills are minimal

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

And some antibiotics are in very short supply.

Esteemed Contributor

I could not get covid test kits at KP this morning. They said medicare no longer covers it.

I just tested negative for two days in  row after having covid for 2 weeks.  I'm 86 and was lucky it was mild. Like a super head cold.

I have always wore a mask, but when I got my car fix, I screwed up and didn't wear one and 5 days later had covid.

People walking around without mask in KP. Not me anymore,

I will wear a n95 forever.  Don't want to go through it again.

It was the first time for me and no fun when you are alone.

Good thing I am very strong and otherwise healthy.