Honored Contributor

Prescription gingivitis mouthwash GUM Paroex recalled .

[ Edited ]
I am reposting this warning  by another poster as the other one was removed because of links in the address.  I hope this email page  is ok.....

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/24/11/17-1929_article Prescription oral rinse recalled because it may be contaminated with bacteria

Sunstar-GUM-recall-photo-1Sunstar Americas has recalled a prescription oral rinse used to treat gingivitis because it may be contaminated with bacteria.

•  

Sunstar Americas is recalling Paroex Chlorhexidine Gluconate Oral Rinse USP, 0.12% products because they may be contaminated with the bacteria burkholderia lata.

The rinse is only available with a prescription through health care professionals. According to a news release from Sunstar, it is used to treat gingivitis.

Use of the rinse cold cause infections. In people who are at-risk, the rinse could result in pneumonia and bacteremia. There have not been any reports of “adverse events.”

Honored Contributor

Re: Prescription gingivitis mouthwash GUM Paroex recalled .

@SeaMaiden wrote:
I am reposting this warning  by another poster as the other one was removed because of links in the address.  I hope this email page  is ok.....

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/24/11/17-1929_article Prescription oral rinse recalled because it may be contaminated with bacteria

Sunstar-GUM-recall-photo-1Sunstar Americas has recalled a prescription oral rinse used to treat gingivitis because it may be contaminated with bacteria.

•  

Sunstar Americas is recalling Paroex Chlorhexidine Gluconate Oral Rinse USP, 0.12% products because they may be contaminated with the bacteria burkholderia lata.

The rinse is only available with a prescription through health care professionals. According to a news release from Sunstar, it is used to treat gingivitis.

Use of the rinse cold cause infections. In people who are at-risk, the rinse could result in pneumonia and bacteremia. There have not been any reports of “adverse events.”

@SeaMaiden @Thanks.