Esteemed Contributor

Re: Prescription Recommendation

@Brooklynny wrote:

@HonnyBrown, if you've been seeing this doctor for a while, and she knows your history, and you know you have allergies and a Vit D deficiency, then why would you even ask a forum for recommendations?  I think it's safe to say there are no doctors on the QVC forum.  In addition, doctors are now required by law to send prescriptions electronically to the pharmacy to prevent fraud and manual alteration of scripts.  In fact, the pharmacies in my area no longer accept call-ins.  I don't want to be argumentive, but really...

Brook, I asked here because I didn't think about the things that were usefully suggested.  The responses got my wheels turning.

Having doctors on the forum is irrelevant to my question, as is how pharmacies receive the prescriptions.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Never think you've heard it all because just when you think you have some other nutty thing like this happens.

Shaking My Head

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HonnyBrown wrote:

That didn't answer my question.

If I wanted to get a fake prescription, I would not need to ask here.

@HonnyBrown

Hit the post tab accidently. As for your free prescription, when you take none? I would run it through my shredder with unsolicited bank credit cards.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Judgey much?

Valued Contributor

This is one of the reasons healthcare costs are out of control. Requesting your pcp to prescribe a medication (when excellent OTC alternatives are available) is bordering on insurance fraud.

Esteemed Contributor

doesn't make any sense........just ridiculous.....

Esteemed Contributor

@Jasmine19 wrote:

This is one of the reasons healthcare costs are out of control. Requesting your pcp to prescribe a medication (when excellent OTC alternatives are available) is bordering on insurance fraud.

Luckily, this isn't insurance fraud.

Honored Contributor

IMO this is tacky, grabby, creepy and bordering on drug-seeking of a weird sort. Ewwww.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

IMO this is tacky, grabby, creepy and bordering on drug-seeking of a weird sort. Ewwww.

Thanks for your opinion!

Honored Contributor

@HonnyBrown wrote:

Judgey much?

That's what you get when you reveal the real you on a discussion forum - judged. Not prepared? Best not reveal yourself then.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all