Respected Contributor

Re: Prescription Recommendation

I think this was  more like a puzzle and now all the pieces are in place.  As an allergy sufferer, I knoww it might help to try new meds.  Some work for me, some not.

@sidsmom  That was a bridge too far.

Esteemed Contributor

Mazie, I didn't read the post you are talking about, but sids is a very sad person and only seems to get enjoyment when she spreads her

You are correct, trying new allergy medications can always be useful.  My symptoms change throughout the year.  It's maddening some months, like now, when Claritan isn't working, and other months, I'm normal.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@HonnyBrown wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@HonnyBrown wrote:

Judgey much?

That's what you get when you reveal the real you on a discussion forum - judged. Not prepared? Best not reveal yourself then.

I also got useful recommendations.

Which category were you, moon?

One who thinks your request is not cost-effective in any way, and time-wasting and unethical for a reputable doctor, taking his time away from people who actually need medical treatment.

Stir away.

Clapping Happy animated emoticon  @Moonchilde

And I will add, the abuse and misuse of medical insurance.

Yes. It is a tad unethical on the part of the OP. as far as her intent to get a freebie by manipulating the health insurance industry when she doesn't take or need Rx meds. Besides, I know my co-pay to see the doc for the Rx plus my co-pay for the med would exceed $25, so it doesn't even make sense to me.

Esteemed Contributor

This post went sideways with accusations of me participating in insurance fraud, looking for fake prescriptions, spending $600 for a $25 gift card, and being a financial disaster (from sidsmom, of all people). None of the above is true. I'm editing the first and last thread to show this.

I started the thread to get my wheels turning on what prescription items a healthy person can get. Trust me, I am very blessed that, at 48, I am healthy. I thank God for that every day.

That being said, mememe, Kat213, Laura14, RedTop gave me great suggestions for Vitamin D and allergy medicine.

I see my doctor once a year in April. My allergy symptoms that time of year are one thing. This time of year, they are different. I don't think about these symptoms in April. It's time for a change.

Also, in April, my vitamin D levels are low because I exercise inside during the winter. Again, something I do not think about throughout the year.

As for my copays, driving to the pharmacy, etc., I can call these prescription requests in because the conditions are not new. The pharmacy is close to wear I live. It would cost me $0 to get the prescription, and $0 to get it filled under the pharmacy's promotion. I would get a $25 gift card that's all profit. I will spend it on whatever I wish.

Hopefully, this will me the ignorant, judge-y people happy. If that were possible. And if you regret participating in this thread so much...don't!

DONE

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.