Esteemed Contributor

@catwhisperer Sounds delicious, thanks will be trying this for myself!

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday

I'm a HUGE fan of these and have been drinking them for ages!   I buy the 4 packs at Walmart.

If you need to be out the door early in the morning, you can take 30 grams of high quality protein with you with a screw on cap, so it won't spill in the car.

My favorite has been the vanilla, but since they introduced the Banana Cream and the Caramel, I have been buying them, as well.   Both of them are surprisingly good IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

We have tried all the flavors and they are all very good!

Target has them on their Cartwheel program through I believe May 5th for  30% off and if you use your Red Card you can take another 5% off.

@CareBears  I checked tonight, Target's website doesn't carry premier protein shakes. What is their cartwheel program?

Respected Contributor

Thank you for your review of this protein drink.  I will check them out at the store or on Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Premier protein shakes

[ Edited ]

@Ibby114 I signed up by asking at my local Target, it is a program that offers discounts on chosen products that is decided by Target weekly.  The discount is anywhere from 10% on up, you can install their app on your phone and before paying they scan the barcode and the items you have chosen will be discounted on your receipt.  I also have their Red Card which you should be able to get the application also at your local Target.  That is basically a debit card with Target.  You provide your banking information, use their card to pay and take an additional 5% off any purchases you make at Target this is an every day discount on ALL items even if they are not on Cartwheel, and then they withdraw the money from your checking account.  If you do not have a phone to install their app, you can go to their Website, look for the link at the top of the page that says "Deals" and then look for Cartwheel.  You can choose the products you want to purchase and then print the list and the barcode for the cashier to scan at check out.

Along with the discount,and the Red Card they also accept manufacturer coupons for the products, so the savings really begin to stack up.  

For example the Premier shakes at our local Target are listed for $7.99, then they applied the 30% off, and then took an additional 5% discount as I used our Red Card, so the final cost was $5.19 for the 4 pack.

I would suggest you go to your  local Target and they can do a much better job at explaining their program then I can, it has been awhile since I signed up.  I am not positive if you can use Cartwheel online, we have several Target's relatively close so I just go to the store.

I have found that the regular Target's (not SuperTarget's) are more limited on the items they carry, and they do not offer rain checks.

I had been using the Savings Catcher program at Walmart also, but they changed their policy several months ago, and to receive money back on their program is nearly obsolete now, I have submitted 13 receipts and they claim that their prices are the lowest found in several different areas around our home, and found no stores to compare their prices with.  I guess Shopko and Target to them is not competition.

Target also keeps a running total on their website of your savings over time so you can see what you have saved.

I have never had a problem before but on Monday after looking over my receipt (before leaving the store) I noticed that the Cartwheel discount had not been applied to one of my items, so we went over to the CS and they rectified the error right there, but that has only happened the 1 time, but I do suggest going over your receipts before leaving the store at any retailer to make sure the pricing is correct, the sales have been recognized, and all discounts have been applied, you would be surprised to see how many errors I have found over the years.

Good luck, if you have any questions Target has always been very helpful in answering any questions I have had!

Respected Contributor

Good morning @ccassaday: isn't washing your hair and taking a shower wonderful when it's been a no-no? It's the best! You feel so much better afterwards!

Just a gentle idea...don't forget fiber...psyllium husks, China-my fave is glucomannon.  Glucomannon is from Kobucha (sic) pumpkin and it's the same stuff that shirataki (zero calorie noodles) are made from. You use 1/2 teaspoon per cup of liquid, but it gels and thickens instantly so you add a little at a time while constantly thickening and it's a marvelous source of soluble fiber.

I need to avoid things like corn starch, and this is wonderful for making puddings-or using just a little to thicken sauces or anything! I order from Amazon, but it's probably available in health food stores.

Feel better,

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@Ibby114 I signed up by asking at my local Target, it is a program that offers discounts on chosen products that is decided by Target weekly.  The discount is anywhere from 10% on up, you can install their app on your phone and before paying they scan the barcode and the items you have chosen will be discounted on your receipt.  I also have their Red Card which you should be able to get the application also at your local Target.  That is basically a debit card with Target.  You provide your banking information, use their card to pay and take an additional 5% off any purchases you make at Target this is an every day discount on ALL items even if they are not on Cartwheel, and then they withdraw the money from your checking account.  If you do not have a phone to install their app, you can go to their Website, look for the link at the top of the page that says "Deals" and then look for Cartwheel.  You can choose the products you want to purchase and then print the list and the barcode for the cashier to scan at check out.

Along with the discount,and the Red Card they also accept manufacturer coupons for the products, so the savings really begin to stack up.  

For example the Premier shakes at our local Target are listed for $7.99, then they applied the 30% off, and then took an additional 5% discount as I used our Red Card, so the final cost was $5.19 for the 4 pack.

I would suggest you go to your  local Target and they can do a much better job at explaining their program then I can, it has been awhile since I signed up.  I am not positive if you can use Cartwheel online, we have several Target's relatively close so I just go to the store.

I have found that the regular Target's (not SuperTarget's) are more limited on the items they carry, and they do not offer rain checks.

I had been using the Savings Catcher program at Walmart also, but they changed their policy several months ago, and to receive money back on their program is nearly obsolete now, I have submitted 13 receipts and they claim that their prices are the lowest found in several different areas around our home, and found no stores to compare their prices with.  I guess Shopko and Target to them is not competition.

Target also keeps a running total on their website of your savings over time so you can see what you have saved.

I have never had a problem before but on Monday after looking over my receipt (before leaving the store) I noticed that the Cartwheel discount had not been applied to one of my items, so we went over to the CS and they rectified the error right there, but that has only happened the 1 time, but I do suggest going over your receipts before leaving the store at any retailer to make sure the pricing is correct, the sales have been recognized, and all discounts have been applied, you would be surprised to see how many errors I have found over the years.

Good luck, if you have any questions Target has always been very helpful in answering any questions I have had!

@CareBearsthanks so much for your reply!!  I  have Target's Red Card and hardly use it, so your orignal post spoke to me! Woman Very Happy At Costco the shakes end up being $1.40 each, that's more or less the same price. Which flavors were you able to get at Target? My local Costco doesn't carry Caramel and Strawberry so I buy them on their website. With shipping, these 2 flavors end up being a few cents more per shake. It's well worth it though- they're delish!

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 It really depends on which Target you go to as far as flavors, we are fortunate to have several stores to choose from, since the shakes have been on Cartwheel we have only been able to find the Vanilla & Strawberry, the others have been sold out.  We love all the flavors so we picked up what we could find.

Have you checked their website, they have some marvelous recipes, unfortunately they do not have the nutritional information once you add other ingredients, but they all start with the Premier Shakes.

When they fall off of Cartwheel we are going to go to Sam's Club and see which flavors they offer, the last time we were there, they were nearly sold out as well, these shakes are very popular!

Honored Contributor

Re: Premier protein shakes

[ Edited ]

My dh's cardiologist recommended Premier Protein shakes as a meal replacement when he wanted him to drop some weight. They do have artificial sweetener but the most protein for the fewest carbs I have found. We get ours at CostCo which has been the best price we have found.. I find if I drink one I am not hungry for hours...which is a good thing! I add a frozen banana to the vanilla and mix it in my little magic bullet...sometimes I add a few strawberries. I have tried the other flavors but prefer the vanilla since it is versatile. It is 30 grams protein and only 3-4 carbs....hey protein. Hard to beat.

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

My dh's cardiologist recommended Premier Protein shakes as a meal replacement when he wanted him to drop some weight. They do have artificial sweetener but the most protein for the fewest carbs I have found. We get ours at CostCo which has been the best price we have found.. I find if I drink one I am not hungry for hours...which is a good thing! I add a frozen banana to the vanilla and mix it in my little magic bullet...sometimes I add a few strawberries. I have tried the other flavors but prefer the vanilla since it is versatile. It is 30 grams protein and only 3-4 carbs....hey protein. Hard to beat.

I agree about the vanilla. You can do anything with it. With my jaw wired shut until next month I even mix my liquid naproxin in it at night.  Now I understand why they taste so good. That artificial sweetener helps so it doesn't taste chalky.