Super Contributor
Is there a way to take this medicine without getting jittery? Does anyone no the secret to doing so? I was just prescribed it again and it makes me so nervous I can’t even drive. If anyone has helpful advice please share.
Super Contributor

Ask your pharmacy...They were always helpful with any of my meds....

Honored Contributor

@Fur Dude 

I had the same side effects when taking prednisone. I would cut out caffeine, alcohol and check with your pharmacist to see if other medications may be causing a drug interaction.

The side effects of Prednisone are many. 

I hope you don’t have to use it for a long period of time.

Respected Contributor

Can you find out if cutting back the amount you are taking is possible.  Maybe a lesser dose?

Super Contributor

I am on it right now and I don't feel the effects like I did the first time I took it a few years ago.   I was hyper in the sense that I had so much energy.  I feel good, but don't have that burst of on-going energy like the first time.  You could ask Dr. about the doseage you are on.

Honored Contributor

I've taken this drug and felt beyond horrible yet have known others that don't have much of a problem with it. Maybe you can watch a you tube video that may offer some suggestions. Just a thought.

Esteemed Contributor

Speak with the doctor who prescribed it, they may need to adjust the dosage.

Honored Contributor

I only took it once. I had the flu so bad and I couldn't sleep. They gave me a sleeping pill, to counteract the effects of Prednisone

I threw the rest of them away. One thing they told me was ,to take it early in the morning so, it sort of wore off by bedtime..it really never wore off. It is terrible stuff

Honored Contributor

Low dose is the key.  I’ve never been on more than 10 mgs a day.  It takes away pain for me. One only gets side effects on high dosages and long term.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

@Fur Dude 

Hi Fur Dude,

Please get back to your prescribing physician regarding this difficulty, which is not uncommon.  This is the only proper means you have of addressing your valid concern.