Honored Contributor

Jersey girls don't pump gas!

I always pay cash when I'm out shopping and that's pretty much not happening right now.

I carry and use my own pen, no matter where I am.  

Valued Contributor

The other day I needed gas.  I was pumping and someone pulled in in front of me.  She opened her car door and pulled out wipes.  She wiped the whole handle, screen and the top front of the pump.  Kept the wipes in her hand that she used to pump her gas.  

I felt exhausted just watching, but I also felt stupid for not doing it.

Honored Contributor

Just take a plastic grocery bag out of your recycling and put it over your hand before you pump gas.

Honored Contributor

I am always cautious, period.   I will not allow myself to become paranoid.   

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Just take a plastic grocery bag out of your recycling and put it over your hand before you pump gas.

Oh, I like that idea @ECBG !  They’re free and I have a big supply.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

Re: Precautions for these?

[ Edited ]

I have ALWAYS used my index finger knuckle to press numbers on ATM pads, and I use cash, so none of those credit pads for me. I keep my hands away from my face, and wash my hands when I get home. And when I'm asked if I want a receipt, I say yes or no--and that I'm not touching that flimsy yes-no pad which takes two hands to stabilize.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

I have ALWAYS used my index finger knuckle to press numbers on ATM pads, and I use cash, so none of those credit pads for me. I keep my hands away from my face, and wash my hands when I get home. And when I'm asked if I want a receipt, I say yes or no--and that I'm not touching that flimsy yes-no pad which takes two hands to stabilize.

How clean is your money?

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear  I went out yesterday to pick up a prescription and had my "Wet Ones" wipes with me.  I used it while holding a pen to sign, wiped down my steering wheel, hands and anything else that I felt that I needed to.

I went into a small local grocer and used the touch pad with my pinkie then wiped my hands again, didn't touch my face and as soon as I got into the house gave my hands a good wash.

Trusted Contributor

I keep a canister of disinfectant wipes in my car. Use one at the gas pump. Use one at the ATM, etc to cover fingers on touchpads. I wipe off my credit card if I've had to hand it to someone. When I get home I wash my hands.

The other day I sold 3 purses through a neighborhood app. Woman came to my door to pick them up and stood away from me, so I had to stretch out my arms to hand her the bags via her outstretched arms. She gave me cash. I sprayed the cash with Lysol. The scene must have looked comical!

Respected Contributor

Re: Precautions for these?

[ Edited ]

@Valstybaby 

LOL My cash is as clean as yours, and as clean as your credit/debit cards, the credit/debit pads, your cell phone, your reusable bags, your makeup, your purse...and everything else you use and touch all day long. 

As I said, though, I keep my hands away from my face. Or, as the news info-givers seldom say in order not to offend people's sensibilitites, I keep my fingers out of my nose, eyes, and mouth--always a good practice, and I wash my hands. (These aren't new hygiene practices for most of us.)

If that doesn't work for you, I just don't know what to say.

What worries you masters you.