Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Shiloh09, thinking of you and offering prayers for the best result.  LM

Honored Contributor

I know from my mammography experiences that dense just means they can't see and need a better test.  They are just being thorough with you as someone else said.  Heart  You'll be just fine!  

Super Contributor

Thanks to all for your kind words, prayer and encouragement. After some examples of terrible communication between the doctor's office, the imaging center and the insurance company I finally have an appointment tomorrow morning! Getting the appointment took 3 days longer than it should have, but at least I have it set for tomorrow. Thanks again and keep sending good thoughts and prayer as I believe in both!

Honored Contributor

Good luck @Shiloh09!  Heart  We'll be thinking of you.  

Respected Contributor

@Shiloh09  Late to the thread, but prayers that your appointment went well yesterday. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

@Shiloh09, I am sure that everything will turn out well.  It is unfortunate that there was such poor communication from your doctor's office, but what is most important is that everything is checked ahead of time to achieve a successful surgery.  Wishing you the best.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Having been through a lot of things last year, I will tell you that with today's imaging, they almost always "see something."  MOST of it is nothing, or something that isn't to worry about.

But when you have ANY image done, brace yourself for a callback and try not to worry too much!  

God be with you through these times!  

Honored Contributor

@Shiloh09 wrote:

Prayers please...I had to have a chest xray and blood drawn as a prerequisite to my pending back surgery on 12/18. After reviewing the chest cray,  my personal physician ordered a CT scan because of some density in the lower left lobe. Makes me very nervous and scared but was told this is just precautionary. The way I found out was when the imaging center called me to schedule an appointment!!!! The Physicians Assistant was very apologetic when I called in a panic. Anyway, I am asking for prayers and good thoughts for good rexults. Thanks!

@Shiloh09

PLEASE don't get ahead of yourself with this.   Back surgery has come a loooong way and you should'nt worry for no reason.   Negativity really serves no useful purpose.

Definition of worry:   "Vividly and emotionally picturing your life as you DON'T want it to happen."

This is a time for affirmations and prayers, and being knowledgeable of the whole process.  Best of luck to you.

Super Contributor

Finally got medical clearance for my back surgery on 12/18. Surgery went very well (360 fusion of L4-L5) I stayed 2 night and came home on Thursday. 

I must say that this surgery for is easier than both of my knee replacements! Walking is really the only thing prescribed afterward. Yes I have a pain killer and muscle relaxer. Don't rely on them though. The minor pain I feel is surgical incisions front and back. More,like a burning sensation and not terribly bad. I am trying to move my bowels as I have experienced has and bloating...but I am serious when I say the recover is easier than my knee replacements. I can't believe it!!!