Valued Contributor

Would appreciate a few prayers for my Gracie---as you all know, she is my beloved Jack Russell terrier---been having a rough few days with her----she walks with a wobble and has little balance, her head is tilted to the left, she constantly walks in circles and her eyes dart from side-to-side quickly. We rushed her to the vet two days ago. The symptoms can fit three scenerios...either a stroke or a brain tumor or a condtion called peripheral vestibular disease (which is common in older dogs--I had never heard of it). Since we cannot afford an MRI of her brain ($1500 and a 100 mile trip to the MRI machine), the vet is going with the vestibular diagnosis--her symptoms do fit that condition. I was blunt with the vet--does Gracie need to be put to rest now? His answer was NO,NO,NO!!! This is treatable and we must try (not all dogs respond)--and so....Gracie is on daily steroids for a month as well as Bonine (motion sickness drug to alleviate the dizziness and nausea). Just today we noticed her darting eyes have slowed considerably and she's not as wobbly, although she does still tip over easily. We can tell she's trying to overcome the annoying symptoms--she's a trooper!! My hubby and I are mentally and physically exhausted---Gracie cannot walk the stairs and we have two flights in our house--my hubby has to carry her--she's only 34 lbs, but she wiggles and is hard to hold onto (yes, he uses a special harness)--she goes potty outside and that has been a challenge--we are doing the best we can.

All of my friends here are so good at prayers, I thought maybe whomever wants to help could take a few minutes out of your day and ask for Gracie's return to good health-especially prayers to St Francis of Assisi, who is the patron saint of animals. Gracie means the world to us and these last few days have been devastating.

Any prayers will be very much appreciated!!!

Hugs to All,

GraciesMommy

Honored Contributor

Re: Prayers Needed for Gracie

Sending healing thoughts and prayers for your much loved dog Gracie.....

Over the course of my marriage we have had many dogs....all very important to us...and devestating when they fall ill.....I understand what you are going thru.

Respected Contributor

Sending prayers and best wishes to you and Gracie.   Heart

Respected Contributor

@Gracies Mom wrote:

Would appreciate a few prayers for my Gracie---as you all know, she is my beloved Jack Russell terrier---been having a rough few days with her----she walks with a wobble and has little balance, her head is tilted to the left, she constantly walks in circles and her eyes dart from side-to-side quickly. We rushed her to the vet two days ago. The symptoms can fit three scenerios...either a stroke or a brain tumor or a condtion called peripheral vestibular disease (which is common in older dogs--I had never heard of it). Since we cannot afford an MRI of her brain ($1500 and a 100 mile trip to the MRI machine), the vet is going with the vestibular diagnosis--her symptoms do fit that condition. I was blunt with the vet--does Gracie need to be put to rest now? His answer was NO,NO,NO!!! This is treatable and we must try (not all dogs respond)--and so....Gracie is on daily steroids for a month as well as Bonine (motion sickness drug to alleviate the dizziness and nausea). Just today we noticed her darting eyes have slowed considerably and she's not as wobbly, although she does still tip over easily. We can tell she's trying to overcome the annoying symptoms--she's a trooper!! My hubby and I are mentally and physically exhausted---Gracie cannot walk the stairs and we have two flights in our house--my hubby has to carry her--she's only 34 lbs, but she wiggles and is hard to hold onto (yes, he uses a special harness)--she goes potty outside and that has been a challenge--we are doing the best we can.

All of my friends here are so good at prayers, I thought maybe whomever wants to help could take a few minutes out of your day and ask for Gracie's return to good health-especially prayers to St Francis of Assisi, who is the patron saint of animals. Gracie means the world to us and these last few days have been devastating.

Any prayers will be very much appreciated!!!

Hugs to All,

GraciesMommy

@Gracies Mom

My thoughts and prayers go out to Gracie and her loving family!  I'm so glad the vet thinks she can be treated and get better.  I'm sure she appreciates your love and tender care!  I wish continued strength to all of you as you stand together to fight for this wonderful doggie!!!  16x16_heart.png

Esteemed Contributor

Dear Gracie, me and my furbaby, Eddy, are praying for you:  that you have a speedy recovery, free from pain and your back to the beautiful, loving soul you are.Heart  

@Gracies Mom, please read our note to Gracie.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I will pray!!  Hugs and best wishes!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

Sending prayers for Gracie!!!

F/N/A luvstogarden
Valued Contributor

Prayers for sweet Gracie.  🙏🙏 Our furbabies are family, and it is devastating when they become ill. I hope Gracie continues to improve. 💕

Esteemed Contributor

I do so hope that Gracie will be ok. We love our pups SO much.

Honored Contributor

🙏🏼Special prayers for Gracie, Gracie's mommy and daddy. 🙏🏼We love all fur babies.