Esteemed Contributor

Re: Positive Changes weight loss centers

@scotnovel wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Hypnosis is an old, old gimmick for weight loss, smoking cessation,  or to break any bad habit.  Have you ever heard anyone you know say it works?  I havent.

I know one person who stopped smoking and never started up again after hypnosis - no patches or anything like that.  However, for most people I agree this is a gimmick and $1400 for 3 months seems like a rip off under any circumstances. 

It worked for my Mom & smoking.  It did not work for weight loss for me, Mom & sisters.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I was a heavy smoker and just quit cold turkey using nothing, so I sure didn't need hypnosis.  I did it just on a whim and never took another puff since 1985.

I quit cold turkey in 1985, too.  I had no intention of quitting until I woke up that morning, and I haven't smoked a cigarette since.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I was a heavy smoker and just quit cold turkey using nothing, so I sure didn't need hypnosis.  I did it just on a whim and never took another puff since 1985.

and this is how my Dad stopped smoking after my twin brother & sister were born.  He figured with a wife and 4 children he needed to take better care of himself.

DH also quit cold turkey while we were dating.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624  I quit cold turkey on May 16' 1990. I was also a heavy smoker. Never had one cigarette since.   Best thing I ever did to save my life!