Honored Contributor

Re: Poll: Do you prefer Vegetables or Salads?

I like both having grown up on a large farm, but I guess I'd choose salads.  Everytime I go out I like to look into new salads!

Honored Contributor

I prefer vegetables, but eat both.  I eat them year round.  My favorite is cooked cauliflower.

Esteemed Contributor

I eat both salad and veggies all year round.  I LOVE tomatoes and Brussels sprouts but I've been known to make a meal out of kale or spinach too.  So I guess I'm more a veggie girl.

Honored Contributor

My new normal needs to be the plan for now I have. Salad at noon of raw veggies cut up. I use the "cow cheese" and WW cream cheese to add some flavor. If I need a break, I do a salad, but need to make my own dressing for it. I buy frozen chicken with that and have some of that each day with the veggies.

But at night, I like a baked potato. I just use lite margarine.

Respected Contributor

@scotnovel wrote:

Since salads are usually full of vegetables, I'm not sure what the question means.  I eat salads all year and and I eat vegetables, raw and cooked, throughout the year. 

Yep.  I eat both year round.  I think her question was meant to be cold salad vs warm vegetable meals.  I do make more toppings for the cold salad in the warmer months, and use that as a meal, rather than another side. 

Trusted Contributor

I like both. Not a fan of iceberg lettuce. I prefer Bibb, romaine, and spring greens mix. I like to grill vegetables or eat them raw. My favorite veggies are broccoli, zucchini, and cauliflower.

Valued Contributor

I eat salads year round.  I love a hearty salad with romaine and spinach and a variety of veggies.   I also love to put strawberries and mandarin oranges in salads!

My favorite veggies for salads are red peppers and zucchini.   

I love raw veggies so much more than cooked.   Although I prefer cooked broccoli over fresh.    I love to dip veggies in good dip, everything from peppers to zucchini to celery, carrots, cukes.

I am not a fan of making salads and cutting it all up though.   I do it, but not my favorite foot prep.   I love places like Sweet Tomatoes with glorious salad bars!