Honored Contributor

Re: Poll: Do you prefer Vegetables or Salads?

I love fresh green salads with  leaf lettuce, green onions, radishes, spinach, white grapes and sometimes sliced boiled eggs and baked chicken if I'm using it as a meal.  I also love veggies, some cooked ,some raw. Brussel Sprouts and corn are favorites.

Esteemed Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

Do you eat salads mainly during the summer months?

What's your favorite veggie?  Raw or cooked?

For me it is beans, beans and more beans. preferably cooked, but I do like certain ones uncooked.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I'm more of a veggie person than a salad person.  I make salads at home that are more recipes than just stuff thrown in a bowl.  And I'll eat a salad when I have dinner out.

Growing up we had salad every night, even if it was just iceburg lettuce torn up with oil and vinegar.  That's probably why I'm not a big salad person.

For veggies, I will roast anything.  All veggies are good roasted.  Even brussels sprouts ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I'm not a salad-as-meal person except a shrimp or crab salad.  I eat large meal salads rarely. I don't mind dinner salads. I have to say, lettuce and other greens don't excite me. Eating a salad as a meal, even if I feel full after eating it, makes me want to eat "real" food a couple of hours later.

I like veggies, though like most people I don't like all veggies. Raw veggies are just salad to me, and not satisfying. I prefer my veggies on the "done" side, more like you'd describe al dente pasta. Not mushy at all, but just slightly firm. A pet peeve is blanched, raw veggies served as cooked.

Favorite? Zucchini and similar squashes, cauliflower, and - is there anyone who doesn't like corn?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@scotnovel wrote:

Since salads are usually full of vegetables, I'm not sure what the question means.  I eat salads all year and and I eat vegetables, raw and cooked, throughout the year. 

===============

Traditional salads ->>>  cucumbers, lettuce, arugula, hothouse tomatoes, avocado, shredded cheese ---

I did "cook" arugula once -- that didn't work out too well.  LOL!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Love my salads. Mixed greens with mandarin oranges, craisins pecans, feta cheese crumbles with a nice vinaigrette on the side and I'm good to go.

Trusted Contributor

I love a good salad but hate to make them. They always taste better when someone else does them. Mostly at home I do cooked veggies with the occasional salad. I need to try and do more. Probably eat salad more in the summer.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for this thread.....I am hungry and was wondering what to make for lunch....now I know its going to be a salad...

I prefer just  shredded lettuce...some cheese...and tomatoes if I have them in the house...(which I don't today)...:0(

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of green salads, as I don't really care for lettuce.  I love beets, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumbers, broccoli, carrots, green peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, squash, sweet potatoes, onions, rutabagas, and parsnips.   

Esteemed Contributor

I love ALL vegetables and ALL salads. I am a social meat eater, rarely have it at home.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop