Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please share what helps you relax :)

I sleep better when I have a good rigorous walk each day.  It seems to deplete me of pent up stress.  I also enjoy a warm cup of herbal tea or a hot/warm shower. 

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Since I quit drinking 20 years ago, nothing.  There is something to be said for a modest glass of wine or a little ******.  The problem comes when you just keep going.

Good for you, @depglass.  

A good book, maybe some golden oldies playing...

Regular Contributor

This is a good questions,for I have been searching for a way to relax/get calm since panic keeps me on edge....going to read suggestions...thanks for posting this..

Regular Contributor

A warm summer day, lying on a float in the pool, with oldies music playing on Sirius. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks to all the ladies that recommended Calm and Headspace. I've been trying out Calm for the past week for sleeping because I have a hard time falling asleep and then also getting good, deep, restful sleep and this is working GREAT for that. I am actually really amazed how well it works. I haven't tried headspace yet but just started my free trial and will check it out today.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Time alone. I get very little time to be anywhere alone since DH retired. I crave time alone. 

---------------

I have some best friends who are now a retired couple. She tells me all the time "I married him for life, but not for everyday lunch!"  She also craves time alone.....

Respected Contributor

smoking pot

Smiley...

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

smoking pot

Smiley...

BAHAHAA!! That emotie is too funny!