Respected Contributor

Re: Please share what helps you relax :)

Meditation

Gratitude

exercise

Time magazine has a special issue this month titled Mindfulness, you may this issue helpful and interesting.

Respected Contributor

Eleven posts, and no one's mentioned sex or chemical intervention. Fascinating, that omission.

Completions are relaxing to me, getting things done. Then I get to exhale. Listening to my little sick kitteh tuck into her Critical Nutrition is like an emotional massage for me, since it means she's getting her calories. I could listen to that slurping all night long. Different strokes, etc.

Contributor

Natural Calm...I make a hot 'tea' drink of it every night.  The magnesium makes you very relaxed and calm.  I buy it on amazon and get the raspberry lemon flavor

Frequent Contributor

I try to practice meditation every day. I took a 6 week class for beginners. It was definitely worth it.

@chiclet thanks for mentioning the Time magazine on Mindfulness. Will look for it.

Honored Contributor

Be out in the woods, or around water, watching the boats. I'd be happy to go for a long car ride to the country. Outdoors exploring around.

Honored Contributor

@chrissj wrote:

Natural Calm...I make a hot 'tea' drink of it every night.  The magnesium makes you very relaxed and calm.  I buy it on amazon and get the raspberry lemon flavor

I second this!!!

Honored Contributor

* yoga

* bouncing on my Bellicon mini-trampoline

* breathing exercises

* intense workouts like spinning or Body Combat

* reading

* a glass of wine on a Friday/Saturday night

* petting my kitties!

Trusted Contributor

I like to read, but it needs to be something that isn't a "cliff-hanger," or I find that it keeps my mind too alert, and then I just want to keep on reading. Smiley Happy

I also like to listen to music too, but again, it needs to be something that isn't real stimulating, or else I feel like dancing around to it, instead of sleeping. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Lavendar is my favorite thing for relaxation.  The type I purchase has shea butter in it (I doubt I can supply the website, but I'll try). Shea-terra organics.  I get their emails and they usually have a 30% off once a month.

Also listening to the waves of the ocean or raining on my sound machine.

Frequent Contributor

I'm the OP.........

Thank you every poster for sharing!

I got some great ideas from you.

💐