Respected Contributor

Re: Please read, may save a life! Warning: long

@elated wrote:

My second toe from the big toe had a purple nail. I didn't think much about it until I showed it to my doctor. She sent me to a dermatologist. The dr looked at my toe and said I must have stubbed it and I had a mild infection. She told me to soak it three times a week with a vinegar solution. She said that a movie star had died because they ignored the discoloration of the toe. You are right it can be cancerous. She told me my nail would fall off but it would grow back. Sure enough the toe nail fell off and now the toe is heeled. This was a really eye opening moment.

I'm so happy you got as good report!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for asking. I just got the results... no cancer, a yeast infection under the nail! When it took so long to come back I got worried, I figured any infection would have shown up, and if it didn't, well,...  I thank God often for the good report, but I will be more vigilant!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Imadickens  You are better than me.  I would have said, I don't care if there is a fungus amongus - that I can handle.  Is it melanoma for Pete's sake!?!   I would have then suggested that melanoma is the first thing we should be ruling out, not some funky fungus.

A cancer diagnosis (melanoma or squamous cell) would be available to the doctor within 24-48 hrs.  In pathology, much of the time no news is good news. Anything being cultured is highly unlikely to be malignant. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all