Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for praying! So far so good.  He never felt the injection!! He's been without pain all day so far.  He was told when things wore off he would get pain again until the steroids from the injection starts kicking in.  So far all day no pain!! Praise the Lord!  

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean  I had to have a long acting steroid injection in my shoulders.  Once in 2004 and once in 2014.  There was a little pain until the steriod kicked in (about a day or two later), however I could handle it knowing relief was in sight.

Bless him.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I had a series of steroid injections, one every 2 weeks in a slightly different location 7 or 8 summers ago all summer.  They didn't do one bit of good.  They are, at best, a temporary fix since the effect wears off.  They can be repeated but become less and less effective with time.  @gloriajean. I hope they work better for your dh than mine did for me.  To this day, I've found nothing to help me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Please pray

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I had a series of steroid injections, one every 2 weeks in a slightly different location 7 or 8 summers ago all summer.  They didn't do one bit of good.  They are, at best, a temporary fix since the effect wears off.  They can be repeated but become less and less effective with time.  @gloriajean. I hope they work better for your dh than mine did for me.  To this day, I've found nothing to help me.

@Kachina624  But, would you not agree that some relief is better than none?  I receive steroid injections for spinal stenosis, bulging disks and a knee injury for which I will most likely require surgery and I do not like that I have to receive them because I have a horrible DEXA scan showing severe osteoporosis to the femurs with very much porosity to the bones in that area and steroids worsen that situation but when you cannot live with the pain --- what choice!

Honored Contributor

So how is he?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

Update:  Yesterday he had an Epidural, and no pain anymore. This morning slight pain but went to work, sells appiances, and took some iboprifin, but is fine now.  He just has to sit when he feels the pain coming on, and then it goes away.  That's how it has been for me all the years since 1968, when I broke my back, have to sit to rejuvinate and then I can continue.

Thanks for asking.  Thanks for all the prayers.  Prayers work!  

Respected Contributor

So relieved that it's working so well for your DH so far, Gloria! Will keep the prayers going for his continued relief from sciatica due to bulging disks. 

When my sciatica flares up, nothing helps so much as the gentle PT stretches I can do at home. Swimming helps keep the flares at bay. I recall you have a pool at your apartment complex. If it is heated, that's even better, if his doctor recommends water therapy. 

Bless you both! ❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

Update:  Yesterday he had an Epidural, and no pain anymore. This morning slight pain but went to work, sells appiances, and took some iboprifin, but is fine now.  He just has to sit when he feels the pain coming on, and then it goes away.  That's how it has been for me all the years since 1968, when I broke my back, have to sit to rejuvinate and then I can continue.

Thanks for asking.  Thanks for all the prayers.  Prayers work!  

@gloriajean  So happy your DH is feeling better! I know how concerning it is when our loved ones do not feel well.  

Respected Contributor

I am so happy he is doing better!

doxie

Esteemed Contributor

Please continue your prayers!  He was dong well, but the last few day, he's in alot of pain again!  Sure hope that epidural will still work.  Thanks for your prayers and cares.  I will let you know as days to come how he's doing.  His leg spasms! it's weaker.  That scares him.  But we'll see in a few days if it gets better.