Respected Contributor

Please Keep my Son in your prayers

He called me this morning (2/5) and told me he has Covid. He's 51, drives a tractor trailor truck overnight runs, thinks he caught it via work last week. He says he started having symptoms Saturday was in bed all day Sunday ( he texted me while I was at church before service started to tell me he would not be there but didn't say why) Said he did a home covid test today( Monday) and confirmed, called his Dr, left a msg but no one called him back.  I was so upset that they did not return his call because the MD could have called in a script for Paxlovid. He was vaccinated. He sounded very stuffy on the phone and says he's having major body aching. Told me he was going to the urgent care since no call back from his MD.  Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers I'm a worried mom right now.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Please Keep my Son in your prayers

Good thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery for your son.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes - I will pray for healing for your son and comfort for YOU. I pray his course is short and that he can rest and get better. You need to avoid being around him, but you can leave food and other items on his porch.

DH and I had this at the same time a year ago this past month. He was too far along and couldn't take Paxlovid. I chose not to. He had a milder course than I did. We both had been vaccinated and boosted. 

Thinking of you! 

Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  Prayers for a complete and speedy recovery for your son and peace, calm and rest for you.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes 

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

He called me this morning (2/5) and told me he has Covid. He's 51, drives a tractor trailor truck overnight runs, thinks he caught it via work last week. He says he started having symptoms Saturday was in bed all day Sunday ( he texted me while I was at church before service started to tell me he would not be there but didn't say why) Said he did a home covid test today( Monday) and confirmed, called his Dr, left a msg but no one called him back.  I was so upset that they did not return his call because the MD could have called in a script for Paxlovid. He was vaccinated. He sounded very stuffy on the phone and says he's having major body aching. Told me he was going to the urgent care since no call back from his MD.  Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers I'm a worried mom right now.  

I will pray  for him. I know exactly how you feel. My son was not vaccinated and 64 years old when he got Covid.   I cried and worried because he is overweight and does not take care of himself.  It was a very rough go, but he is well today and  now taking care of himself.  He was very very sick, and I prayed and prayed and my prayers were answered.

So I know what you are going through.   Your son has been vaccineted, so that is a plus. Mine had horrible headaches, and aches all over.  I brought hin broth, jello,, etc and left it on the doorstep.

It has to run irs course.  My prayers are with you and him. 

My other son also refused the vaccine, so another worry.  Let us know how he is doing.  

I am quite elderly,  and I got all the vaccines  when they were due  and I got covid, but it was like a head cold. Just aches and stuffy head.  He will come through.  What helped my headaches were ice packs.

bless you. I know you can,t stop worring. No matter how old, they are still your children.

Respected Contributor

Prayers for your son for quick and complete healing. My neighbor just got over this for the second time.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes,

For your son,

Wishing You a Speedy Recovery, on Your Feet in No Time Good Thoughts - Etsy

Respected Contributor

Sending thoughts and prayers.  God bless.

Respected Contributor

Praying for you and your son @Goodie2shoes.

Esteemed Contributor

Healing thoughts.  Never before have we had to give so thought to exposure.  I am glad I am retired.