Honored Contributor

Re: Plant based diet with raw greens

@GingerPeach

most of what I eat is organic, and I stay away from GMO foods.  The meat I’ve added is pretty much limited to salmon, tuna, and some chicken, none of which is perfectly safe anymore.  I only eat them about twice a week.  I am getting my appetite back, which is helping to put back the 20 lbs I’ve lost, little by little.  I’m adding potatoes and rice to my diet again, and sticking to mostly asparagus and squash for vegetables.  I have also begun eating ice pops and non-dairy desserts for calories.  My biggest issue food-wise is to gain weight, as it’s bringing back some of my energy.

i hope I am on the right track, I’m trying.  Whoever thought many decades ago that our food would be toxic.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Best wishes, @LilacTree 

Just be careful of those nightshades, as I'm sure you are.  Take note in case you have any worsening of symptoms.  Please excuse any preachy tones you might read into that.  It wasn't meant to tell you something you already knew.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeachl

have to look up nightshades again, I always forget what they are.

Thanks, homegirl!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Contributor

Kale has lots of oxalates, too, and should be boiled if eaten daily in smoothies.  I used to do a big batch every weekend.  Too much work so I eat overnight oats now.

Honored Contributor

@Kmac444 wrote:

Kale has lots of oxalates, too, and should be boiled if eaten daily in smoothies.  I used to do a big batch every weekend.  Too much work so I eat overnight oats now.

Thank you for this, @Kmac444   I'll be adding fewer handfuls of raw kale to my green blender drinks from now on.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Kmac444 wrote:

Thank you for this, @Kmac444   I'll be adding fewer handfuls of raw kale to my green blender drinks from now on.

@GingerPeach 

Those having kidney stones are probably consuming lot of animal

protein and sodium...then blaming a spinach salad for their ailment.

In fact, adding MORE handfuls of raw kale to green blender drinks

will -help- prevent kidney stones. 

Go grab some dinosaur kale...or curly kale & drink up for health🌼💛

Here’s a study...since we have to justify eating vegetables..🤣

B03AA472-B883-40C5-956B-BC0773604E0A.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Not to worry, @sidsmom 

Just "fewer" for me, not none!

My green drinks have plenty of leafy greens of varied types.